Is this XLT deal worth buying out of state?

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I'm officially part of the Rapid Red Ranger club! Sitting in a hotel room in Colorado resting up for the drive home.

Get this... when they pull the truck up for the test drive there is a tonneau cover on it. Because it was not in the pictures of the original listing and because they knew I was not going to pay for anything other than what was on the window sticker, they didn't want to argue and just said congratulations on your free tonneau cover. I'm not the biggest fan of these covers because for me they ultimately get in the way, but I have say I was happy there was no issue from the dealer. I've got to give them credit for that. I figure I will sell it and use the money towards a Fox lift!

Red-1.jpg

Red-2.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm officially part of the Rapid Red Ranger club! Sitting in a hotel room in Colorado resting up for the drive home.

Get this... when they pull the truck up for the test drive there is a tonneau cover on it. Because it was not in the pictures of the original listing and because they knew I was not going to pay for anything other than what was on the window sticker, they didn't want to argue and just said congratulations on your free tonneau cover. I'm not the biggest fan of these covers because for me they ultimately get in the way, but I have say I was happy there was no issue from the dealer. I've got to give them credit for that. I figure I will sell it and use the money towards a Fox lift!

Red-1.jpg

Red-2.jpg

Looks great....Congratulations on your new Ranger! Glad everything went smooth,sometimes when you're out of state they try and take advantage of that.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Looks great....Congratulations on your new Ranger! Glad everything went smooth,sometimes when you're out of state they try and take advantage of that.
Thanks!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Nice looking truck. You should have a blast taking the long way home.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Congrats! Funny, I was doing the same as you, looking for the same truck as you, a RR XLT with tow and locking rear diff. i can't believe all the dealers that add stuff like spray in bed liner for 400 bucks, but don't order the tow package - towing to 7500lbs, and locking rear diff for 450 bucks. My plan was to ship the car, i was looking near the east coast. I could ship it enclosed for about 1500 or less with Montway. One deal fell through because i could tell the front end was wonky from the pictures- really bad hood fitment, and 2 other dealers apparently like Rangers on their lots instead of in customers driveways. Most trouble I've ever had in buying a new car has been this Ranger, but dealers are slowly learning, or being taught by a ton of 2019's on their lots. Costd them about 150 a month i understand to in interest from Ford per average ranger. Congrats on the good deal.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Congrats! Funny, I was doing the same as you, looking for the same truck as you, a RR XLT with tow and locking rear diff. i can't believe all the dealers that add stuff like spray in bed liner for 400 bucks, but don't order the tow package - towing to 7500lbs, and locking rear diff for 450 bucks. My plan was to ship the car, i was looking near the east coast. I could ship it enclosed for about 1500 or less with Montway. One deal fell through because i could tell the front end was wonky from the pictures- really bad hood fitment, and 2 other dealers apparently like Rangers on their lots instead of in customers driveways. Most trouble I've ever had in buying a new car has been this Ranger, but dealers are slowly learning, or being taught by a ton of 2019's on their lots. Costd them about 150 a month i understand to in interest from Ford per average ranger. Congrats on the good deal.
Thanks! I came across some great deals on 2019 fully loaded FX4 XLT Rangers in the $31K range. Those prices plus 0% financing was tempting. The problem was that I just didn't want the colors they were in. I found one in Vegas that was the Hot Pepper Red, but it didn't have the 302A package. I almost pulled the trigger on that and then the dealer in Colorado started working with me.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Red-1.jpg

Red-2.jpg
Nice :like: Congrats!

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Thanks everybody!

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the factory invoice? I can tell you how to decode it to see what the dealers true "actual" cost was.

Also, congrats, nice truck even if I don't like red, wish I had lived on the west coast prob. Could have saved a few grand more my truck.
Sponsored