First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Silliest forum on the planet and that is why it is the best.
Agreed! ?

What other forum could you put "Damper" in the search bar and then then never come back because there's so many results. ??

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Has anyone actually answered the OP's question with some helpful info yet? :inspect:
I will answer.

@TheNorseman Since you live in Alaska and -40F is a real deal there, I would suggest you get off the fence and decide against getting a damper. A damper is in the "nice to have" not "must have" category (Sorry, Dave!). Use the money saved on a warmer pair of gloves.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I will answer.

@TheNorseman Since you live in Alaska and -40F is a real deal there, I would suggest you get off the fence and decide against getting a damper. A damper is in the "nice to have" not "must have" category (Sorry, Dave!). Use the money saved on a warmer pair of gloves.
Totally agree. At -40F I doubt that any type of fluid filled damper would operate correctly, even the Great Dee Zee Damper. More likely than not, it would freeze and you might not even be able to open the tailgate.

OP
OP
TheNorseman

TheNorseman

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Grey Ford Ranger XLT, FX4
Occupation
Metalworker
Looks like the the results are in. TheNorseman’s Ranger will go un-dampened! Sorry Dave! Keep up the good work!! I’m with you in spirit! (This seems like a great opportunity to develop your own line of professional grade extreme tailgate dampers, in order to spread the good news further toward the poles)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like the the results are in. TheNorseman’s Ranger will go un-dampened! Sorry Dave! Keep up the good work!! I’m with you in spirit! (This seems like a great opportunity to develop your own line of professional grade extreme tailgate dampers, in order to spread the good news further toward the poles)
No worries you get a pass on this one. lol At -40 that's asking a lot of anything to work well but luckily there's enough sales here in the lower 48. ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
No worries you get a pass on this one. lol At -40 that's asking a lot of anything to work well but luckily there's enough sales here in the lower 48. ?
Wait a cotton picken minute! You cave that easy? Aren’t these dampers nitrogen filled? Who cares how cold it gets! They might work better the colder it gets… ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait a cotton picken minute! You cave that easy? Aren’t these dampers nitrogen filled? Who cares how cold it gets! They might work better the colder it gets… ?
Yes I do! That's a lot work for a few who want to live up there with the Eskimos! ?
Sponsored