Poll - Is the tailgate damper the new "Rick Roll" ?

Having any funny response to the tailgate damper is like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
"So all you heroic men out there congratulating yourself on your manliness for not needing the damper "

I honestly pride myself of my preplanning more actually.

knowing that if I am going to be putting my product into the bed, I'll be one step ahead of my blatant stupidity standing there with arms full of crap and trying to figure out my plan.
already well ahead of that conundrum.
That's what bedliners are for, so manly men just throw stuff in the bed regardless... groceries, lamps, bottles, bricks, rocks, dogs, boots, old beer cans, something they ran over... then just use a push broom to dump it out on the driveway (or kick it out). ;)
Sponsored

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
That's what bedliners are for, so manly men just throw stuff in the bed regardless... groceries, lamps, bottles, bricks, rocks, dogs, boots, old beer cans, something they ran over... then just use a push broom to dump it out on the driveway (or kick it out). ;)
You forgot the kids or old lady. ?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Don't understand all the hoopla. The tailgate is aluminum-how hard can it fall?
Fairly hard actually. There's more than enough mass there to potentially severely injure a smaller child should they be under it and the tailgate were opened and let fall freely.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
and a small child is there why?
Because that's what small children do...go places you don't want them to go when you really don't want them to be there. That's why we have to "parent" them. They are unable to see the dangers in their lives and we have to be there to help them avoid some of them (if we can).

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Your kid could be walking behind you, and say you didn't know they were there when you reached out to open the tailgate and let it fall either by accident or intentionally. I have had this happen with my 8 yo right after I got the truck and it almost tagged her in the face as she rounded the corner of the truck right as I was opening the tailgate. That prompted me to get one for mine.

Or say the little bugger goes back there without you knowing and reaches up and pulls the handle cause they have seen Mommy or Daddy do it and wanted to Blam! 150 + lbs tailgate right to the face.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Because that's what small children do...go places you don't want them to go when you really don't want them to be there. That's why we have to "parent" them. They are unable to see the dangers in their lives and we have to be there to help them avoid some of them (if we can).

survival of the fittest. i got smacked with a few heavier old fashioned tailgates when i was a kid. plus I used to sit in the back of the station wagon with the rear window down to suck the exhaust... never affected me... twitch

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
survival of the fittest. i got smacked with a few heavier old fashioned tailgates when i was a kid. plus I used to sit in the back of the station wagon with the rear window down to suck the exhaust... never affected me... twitch
It's all starting to make sense now. lol ?

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Cause and effect/affect...Fire burns, matches make fire, "How'd you burn your finger?".

School of hard knocks is a good way to learn life's lessons (sometimes) :crazy: