First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Gotta ask the question everyone will asking.....why the switch back to the Ranger ?
I was never a fan of the Lightning to begin with, but that's just me. Were you unhappy with it and why ???
Also, how big of a hit did you take when selling/trading it ???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jml91

Jml91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta ask the question everyone will asking.....why the switch back to the Ranger ?
I was never a fan of the Lightning to begin with, but that's just me. Were you unhappy with it and why ???
Also, how big of a hit did you take when selling/trading it ???
Let’s get it out of the way 🤪 haha

long story short it can’t tow far at all! I only pull 3500 and it can’t do the desert and back without a charge. I just need more capability. But the lightning was amazing!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
POTUS Mandated that all Wildland Fire Fighting Vehicles be fully electric by 2025. There's talk it will push to 2028. I can't, for the life of me, see how off road vehicles carrying tons of water are going to do this, and for the very reasons you are citing.

Electric vehicles are FANTASTIC at what they do - people moving in town with lots of great infrastructure (roads, electric). But they are not a one size fits all solution and there are still places in this world that they are not applicable. One day - yes. But not today.

Glad you got to have an Electrified 2023 but also nice to see you coming back.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Let’s get it out of the way 🤪 haha

long story short it can’t tow far at all! I only pull 3500 and it can’t do the desert and back without a charge. I just need more capability. But the lightning was amazing!
Totally understand. We tow a 7000 lb camper and like to travel the secondary roads when possible. The idea of only being able to run 100 miles or so between charges is a no-go....and probably spend half that looking for a charging station in many of the small towns we travel thru and to.
Welcome back to the "Good Side" !!!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I still don't understand why they electrified the 150 versus the Ranger or Maverick, the expectations would be considerably lower and maybe even achievable , no way a full size truck with expectations of towing was EVER going to live up to the hype , but a small/midsize around town e truck would have been the perfect forerunner, IMHO...

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I really wish we would get the plugin ranger. I know Ford did it to protect lighting but this would be the perfect combo. first company to offer a plugin hybrid mid size truck that can tow as much as my ranger takes my money. till then not getting rid of my ranger

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome back...but you're in the wrong forum right? It'll suck to be the only guy over at R6G but do stick around with our fun club...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
POTUS Mandated that all Wildland Fire Fighting Vehicles be fully electric by 2025. There's talk it will push to 2028. I can't, for the life of me, see how off road vehicles carrying tons of water are going to do this, and for the very reasons you are citing.

Electric vehicles are FANTASTIC at what they do - people moving in town with lots of great infrastructure (roads, electric). But they are not a one size fits all solution and there are still places in this world that they are not applicable. One day - yes. But not today.

Glad you got to have an Electrified 2023 but also nice to see you coming back.
This would be a hilarious thought.....your electric fire fighting vehicle runs up into a forrest to fight a fire, but runs out of "juice" so you have to start your big gasoline generator to power the hose water pump......:LOL:

9253c5b2e9520394d06ef32b9764c42b71939dc83beca8333814a4bbed6265ab.jpg

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
This would be a hilarious thought.....your electric fire fighting vehicle runs up into a forrest to fight a fire, but runs out of "juice" so you have to start your big gasoline generator to power the hose water pump......:LOL:

9253c5b2e9520394d06ef32b9764c42b71939dc83beca8333814a4bbed6265ab.jpg
Just wait until the first of those e-fire fighting trucks catches fire due to the battery over-heating, and starting secondary forest fires....

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Well it is good to see that the POTUS is proactive about reducing carbon in the wilderness
Unknown.jpeg

Towing range will be a non-factor with mobile charging, allowing for sustainable firefighting!
L-Charge_Moscow_smart_cities_PR_rt.jpg

Last edited:

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
🤔 Now I wonder what the range would be if the 3500 lb. item in question were a diesel generator?

I keed. I keed. Welcome back to the Ranger crew John.

Welcome back...but you're in the wrong forum right? It'll suck to be the only guy over at R6G but do stick around with our fun club...
Wrong forum for the truck - Right forum for the members.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Im still torn on color, as my beloved lightning blue was not available :(
Trust me on this. Azure Gray Metallic.