First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
While you're at it this stuff works great on the touch screen and the plastic dash screen. :wink: You've been away so long you missed a lot.?

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-automotive-interior-cleaner/

1675286492107.png
I know I have been an ass about where to buy stuff, but now I have a legitimate question about this product. How good is it when it comes to dust? Other brands at Wal Mart seemed to clean well, but the next day acts like a dust magnet. Does this product or the protectant have ingredients that repels dust?
As dondon said, my interior is a mess. And if the rain ever stops and I get a sunny Saturday I will spend the day on a proper detail inside and out.

Edit: I just saw on the Gold Eagle website that 303 Cleaner and 303 Protectant "Repels dust and dirt".

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I know I have been an ass about where to buy stuff, but now I have a legitimate question about this product. How good is it when it comes to dust? Other brands at Wal Mart seemed to clean well, but the next day acts like a dust magnet. Does this product or the protectant have ingredients that repels dust?
As dondon said, my interior is a mess. And if the rain ever stops and I get a sunny Saturday I will spend the day on a proper detail inside and out.

Edit: I just saw on the Gold Eagle website that 303 Cleaner and 303 Protectant "Repels dust and dirt".
We have a lot of dust in the air here and I use the Aerospace Protectant and it does help repel and control the dust. I don't think anything will give you a dust free dash but this does really help. I also use a mini California Duster and give my dash a quick wipe with it every week.

No worries about the past comments. I tend to get a little testy when it comes to small businesses having owned one for 36 years along with many of my friends. ?

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
I think the owner manual says for optimum performance to use premium fuel, but is not required.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Here in the Midwest we have access to 93 octane and that's all I've ever run in mine. It probably had 87 when I picked it up from the dealer but I've put nothing but 93 in it since. So I'm not an expert on the difference between running 87 and 93 but my truck runs perfect smooth and no lugging on the engine either.
I did find in the manual where it says 87 is fine but it also says you may experience benefits from running 91 (or higher I suppose).
I've just always hated hearing knocking on my other cars when using regular.

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
So let me preface this by saying I’ve never ran anything but 87 octane gas in every truck I’ve owned. Well last night we had some Kroger gas rewards and since it was just me and my son to make our own decisions and fend for ourselves out in the wild (wife was at home), I may have “accidentally” filled up with some of that premium gas you all talk so highly of. After a few minutes of different than normal shifting (truck probably was wondering what this extra delicious shit I just gave it was) the engine ran like a completely different engine. Zero lugging at lower speeds and smooth. I tried like hell to get it to lug today on the way to work up a few hills and couldn’t. Completely different drive and was smoother than normal. I have no idea if the added gas mileage is worth it, I’ll have to do the math. Anyway this was with 93 added to 1/4 tank of 87, so not even full 93 per se, and well damn. Impressive to say the least. I always thought 93 was for people that just send it and those with the fancier cars who’s names I can’t pronounce lol. Maybe I’m starting to go over to the dark side but it felt good boys!

Now to the next order of business, need to build me a fishing rod holder in the bed so I can put some of my longer rods in it so if anyone has done something like that let me know.
My truck never lugs, and I run it between PHX and FLagstaff regularly up very large climbs. And I have never used premium or even mid level. The engine tranny combo in my opinion always finds the right gear, no input required other than right foot. I guess there are times when you give it very little right foot and you could call it a lug, however press a touch more and your off. :)

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I used 87 for the first 4 months or so and have been using 93 for the last 3-4 months, and I'm about to go back to 87.

Personally, I see little to no difference. I haven't seen any significant difference in MPG...maybe it feels a bit peppier, but for the difference in price, it's not worth it imo. My Honda is different....definitely felt better with the 93. No doubt.

Maybe going back to the 87 will feel different and I'll notice more......it has been months now. We'll see.

Have been back on 87 for the last 4 tanks, and I definitely do feel a difference after using 93 for a few months. Definitely more pep with 93.

MPG is a different story for me for some reason. MPG has been slightly better with 87.

So with that being said, I might try 91. The little extra pep in 93 is nice....but not worth $9 extra bucks every tank....especially with zero MPG improvement. Truck is a touch more sluggish with 87, but still perfectly adequate for me. 91 might be a good comprimise.

I'm gonna run a few more tanks of 87 for more data for MPG certainty....then try 91.

Also, for any other Honda people.....I have a 2005 Pilot as a 2nd car that's about to go to my daughter. That thing is a BEAST. I'd LOVE to have that powertrain in the Ranger. 3.5L v6 before Honda went to the variable cylinders. MPG is comparable and that motor screams. When I drive my Pilot, I daydream of that engine in the Ranger. Super smooth, great pep and loves to run. Then again, now that I've been driving the Ranger, I feel like my Pilot needs to kick to the next gear....lol.

Last edited:

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
Have been back on 87 for the last 4 tanks, and I definitely do feel a difference after using 93 for a few months. Definitely more pep with 93.

MPG is a different story for me for some reason. MPG has been slightly better with 87.

So with that being said, I might try 91. The little extra pep in 93 is nice....but not worth $9 extra bucks every tank....especially with zero MPG improvement. Truck is a touch more sluggish with 87, but still perfectly adequate for me. 91 might be a good comprimise.

I'm gonna run a few more tanks of 87 for more data for MPG certainty....then try 91.

Also, for any other Honda people.....I have a 2005 Pilot as a 2nd car that's about to go to my daughter. That thing is a BEAST. I'd LOVE to have that powertrain in the Ranger. 3.5L v6 before Honda went to the variable cylinders. MPG is comparable and that motor screams. When I drive my Pilot, I daydream of that engine in the Ranger. Super smooth, great pep and loves to run. Then again, now that I've been driving the Ranger, I feel like my Pilot needs to kick to the next gear....lol.
I had a 06 pilot and it is great to hear someone else praise its power train, and the whole car for that matter. That car was awesome.
Sponsored