First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Anyone know where the setting is in Forscan to keep the 12V outlets inside the cab on all the time? I like to keep my phone in there charging and it sucks that it powers off after a while.

I did this one and it didn't work: 726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX, changed 1 to 0
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Anyone know where the setting is in Forscan to keep the 12V outlets inside the cab on all the time? I like to keep my phone in there charging and it sucks that it powers off after a while.

I did this one and it didn't work: 726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX, changed 1 to 0
The powerpoint timer is only designed to power the 12v sockets for either the set time or when the door is opened, you can change the time it is live while sitting in the truck but regardless of the setting the power will be cut when the door is opened. This is to keep the battery from going dead. If you want an always on circuit you will have to run a new line from the battery.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
The powerpoint timer is only designed to power the 12v sockets for either the set time or when the door is opened, you can change the time it is live while sitting in the truck but regardless of the setting the power will be cut when the door is opened. This is to keep the battery from going dead. If you want an always on circuit you will have to run a new line from the battery.
Sorry thats not right - the power ports and the tap above the driver rear wheel stay on for a set time after the doors are closed. You can chnage the timeout to I think 18 hours (IIRC) with FORscan. If there is a drain hooked up the battery management system will override and shut the aux power off when the battery gets too low.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Sorry thats not right - the power ports and the tap above the driver rear wheel stay on for a set time after the doors are closed. You can chnage the timeout to I think 18 hours (IIRC) with FORscan. If there is a drain hooked up the battery management system will override and shut the aux power off when the battery gets too low.
Do you happen to know what setting it is in forscan?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That would make more sense, but the info I got was from the FOREscan forum when I was looking for the same info as @VegasRanger. As you seem more informed can you supply the setting in forscan to adjust the stay alive time? I looked in the BCM but setting the 726-39-01 made no change when set to 32400 (9 hrs). I cannot find anywhere in the manual where it says how long the powerports stay energized after turning off the truck and exiting.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I guess I can always plug in a light and time it.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I dont recall the settings and I set mine back to stock as I was having battery issues - not related to the settings!
There are 2 big FORscan threads check them out. One is a Wiki so it should be on the 1st page.
Good luck

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry I dont recall the settings and I set mine back to stock as I was having battery issues - not related to the settings!
There are 2 big FORscan threads check them out. One is a Wiki so it should be on the 1st page.
Good luck
Checked there, and the forscan forum, no luck. Other people having the same issue, the ports not staying live long enough for what they need. I think the powerport time out setting in the BCM has a max amount, but I can't find the value.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be snarky, but... Use the search Luke!

So I checked my notes and did a quick SEARCH
1650741945876.png

When I used this I set it to always on so my bed lights could be turned on prior to turning ignition on.
And @Ed Venture 's post gives the method to change the time
I found a Forscan setting for 2011-2020 Explorers that *seems* to work for setting a specific timeout for the power points on the dash.

BCM-726-39-01
1194 XXXX XXXX= 1 Hour, 15 minutes (Default)
0001 XXXX XXXX = 1 Second
5460 XXXX XXXX = 6 hours
A8C0 XXXX XXXX = 12 Hours
FD20 XXXX XXXX = 18 Hours
FFFF XXXX XXXX - 18 Hours, 12 minutes, 15 seconds (Max)

What I discovered was that the first four numbers is the Hexadecimal setting for the time in seconds. If you enter each value in to a Hex to Decimal calculator (https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter) you get the timeout in terms of seconds:

"1194" = 4500 seconds = 1 Hour, 15 minutes
"0001" = 1 second = 1 Second
"5460" = 21600 seconds = 6 Hours
"A8C0" = 43200 seconds = 12 Hours
"FD20" = 64800 seconds = 18 Hours
"FFFF" = 65535 seconds = 18 Hours, 12 minutes, 15 seconds

So, I used the Decimal to Hex converter and put in 60 seconds and got 3C. With that, I padded with zeros to get "003C" and plugged it in. Lo and behold - it worked!

My goal was to have the power point run for a minute or two before my dash cam shut off and kicked in to parking mode. I was getting a bunch of false positives from getting out of my truck and hopefully it will help alleviate that.

Before adding it to the first post, I'd like to make sure that it works for others. Has anyone else had success with this?

Best,

Ed

PS - I also found this at the Explorers site:

BCM-726-39-01
XXXX X*XX XXXX = 0 - Always On, 1 - Timeout enabled

I didn't try this one, but I know there were a few of you out there that wanted the outlet to always stay on. This might do the trick for you.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Not to be snarky, but... Use the search Luke!

So I checked my notes and did a quick SEARCH
1650741945876.png

When I used this I set it to always on so my bed lights could be turned on prior to turning ignition on.
And @Ed Venture 's post gives the method to change the time
I tried this below and set it to 0 and didn't work.

PS - I also found this at the Explorers site:

BCM-726-39-01
XXXX X*XX XXXX = 0 - Always On, 1 - Timeout enabled

I didn't try this one, but I know there were a few of you out there that wanted the outlet to always stay on. This might do the trick for you.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
If you don’t want to mess with editing the HEX code, go into the BCM configuration and look for Powerpoint Feature, set it to Disable. This set the powerpoints to always on once you cycle the ignition to turn them on. I use this to run my 12v fridge of the bed powerpoint.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t want to mess with editing the HEX code, go into the BCM configuration and look for Powerpoint Feature, set it to Disable. This set the powerpoints to always on once you cycle the ignition to turn them on. I use this to run my 12v fridge of the bed powerpoint.
Yep Forgot to mention that
You can use the menus.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase