First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Yes. It disables the time out. So continuously on.
Well that didn't work as it was already set to disabled, so I changed the first box in 726-39-01 to A8C0 to get 12 hours and I will see if that works. 12 hours if plenty for me.
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Yep Forgot to mention that
You can use the menus.
The menu in Forscan, didn't see that, and I was in the BCM module, must be blind today, went back and looked line by line, and there it was, but set for disabled.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Why would someone want to charge their phone on a 120V outlet in their vehicle? Seems to me, the USB port would be enough.

But it doesn't matter. Someone will (I think they already have) give the luckless the information they are (were) looking for. Only thing absent, is the telephone number for AAA, when they can't start their Ranger.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Why would someone want to charge their phone on a 120V outlet in their vehicle? Seems to me, the USB port would be enough.

But it doesn't matter. Someone will (I think they already have) give the luckless the information they are (were) looking for. Only thing absent, is the telephone number for AAA, when they can't start their Ranger.
One of the dumbest posts I’ve seen. First of, I converted one of my 12V to fast charger USB ports. The standard USB port takes forever to charge. Second, if you knew me, you’d know I’m prepared for just about anything. I have enough gear in my truck that I could live off it for weeks. Not only do I have recovery gear, air compressor, medical supplies, I also have a battery jumper. Good try though smart guy

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
One of the dumbest posts I’ve seen. First of, I converted one of my 12V to fast charger USB ports. The standard USB port takes forever to charge. Second, if you knew me, you’d know I’m prepared for just about anything. I have enough gear in my truck that I could live off it for weeks. Not only do I have recovery gear, air compressor, medical supplies, I also have a battery jumper. Good try though smart guy
My battery jumper will charge my phone. I would rather use that, than mess with the power settings on a truck known to be subject to battery drain issues. But that’s just me.

https://www.audew.com/Audew-1500A-P...8uHvd6lODjmPB-ASJzQp1T-ulwZ1LitQaAjPUEALw_wcB

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Well that didn't work as it was already set to disabled, so I changed the first box in 726-39-01 to A8C0 to get 12 hours and I will see if that works. 12 hours if plenty for me.
For those wondering, this worked! Thanks to everyone who assisted me.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
My battery jumper will charge my phone. I would rather use that, than mess with the power settings on a truck known to be subject to battery drain issues. But that’s just me.

https://www.audew.com/Audew-1500A-P...8uHvd6lODjmPB-ASJzQp1T-ulwZ1LitQaAjPUEALw_wcB
Yeah I have something similar. I don’t mess with my back jumper though. I bought it for only one thing, jumping me in an emergency. My luck the one time I need it, it’s low because I used it to charge my phone. Anyways problem solved.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For those wondering, this worked! Thanks to everyone who assisted me.
Thanks for the update, I added this to my list of Forscan hacks :) You might want to adjust the SOC of the battery as well to allow for more battery power to accomadate the extra load, I upped mine from the OEM setting of 75% to 90% and it has been working well for months.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Thanks for the update, I added this to my list of Forscan hacks :) You might want to adjust the SOC of the battery as well to allow for more battery power to accomadate the extra load, I upped mine from the OEM setting of 75% to 90% and it has been working well for months.
I did the same thing! Since I have a ham radio installed in my truck also, I wanted more SOC.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I did the same thing! Since I have a ham radio installed in my truck also, I wanted more SOC.
Same here on the HAM rig, even on mid pwr it pulls 13 amps.....
IMG_4123.jpeg

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Same here on the HAM rig, even on mid pwr it pulls 13 amps.....
IMG_4123.jpeg
Bro that’s funny! I actually ordered that exact radio and I’m getting it today! It’s going in my QTH for GMRS use. I have the FTM-300 in my truck, and a FTM-400 in my QTH.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bro that’s funny! I actually ordered that exact radio and I’m getting it today! It’s going in my QTH for GMRS use. I have the FTM-300 in my truck, and a FTM-400 in my QTH.
I have been using this one for over a year, and so far no complaints, menu system takes a little getting used too. I use CHirp to program it, and like the fact that I can use my laptop to make changes on the road in case a group is using a channel I don't have. But I do have all of the MURS and GMRS, as well as HAM 2 mtr, and also added ther FRS on low (500mw) for trail crews. Programming at the rig is a nightmare so if you don't have CHirp by all means get it, makes it simple.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I have been using this one for over a year, and so far no complaints, menu system takes a little getting used too. I use CHirp to program it, and like the fact that I can use my laptop to make changes on the road in case a group is using a channel I don't have. But I do have all of the MURS and GMRS, as well as HAM 2 mtr, and also added ther FRS on low (500mw) for trail crews. Programming at the rig is a nightmare so if you don't have CHirp by all means get it, makes it simple.
Roger that. I do plan on using CHIRP. Have you tested the power output by any chance? Does it do the full 25 watts?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Roger that. I do plan on using CHIRP. Have you tested the power output by any chance? Does it do the full 25 watts?
I have an inline SWR and Wattmeter and it shows 1:1.4 and 23.4 watts, which is within error, having a little trouble getting the SWR down to 1:1

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I used Forscan and changed the Power Point timeout timer from the factory 75 minute setting to 18 hours so my dash cam would work in parking mode over night. Works perfect.
Sponsored