Crown Forklift Technician
Had to make an edit as talk to text will make things fun
Sponsored

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
If it's what I'm thinking it will do the job but it will take quite a long time. DeWalt has a very similar model and say the least it takes a lot of time to air up a tire with one of those. I still have my Harbor Freight jump pack that has a built-in compressor and it would take 45 minutes to air up all four tires from 24 lb to 30 lb. With my current setup it takes me about 6 to 8 minutes to air up all four tires from 18 lb to 32 lb on 33 inch tires.
Actually it's surprisingly quick. I haven't timed it or anything like that but I'm sure it wouldn't take 45 minutes. It's nice that you can set a psi and walk away from it too.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
https://www.amazon.com/GSPSCN-Cylinder-Compressor-Portable-Inflator/dp/B07FBD3HSK

I got something like this...
I built an Excel spreadsheet and put some conversion formulas in it so I could standardize my comparisons. Some are in CCM. some are in CFM, some are in other weird measurements too. I also added a duty cycle / run time.

I prioritized my search to looking for high airflow volume over total PSI. I didn't want a compressor that would go to 300PSI if my max was going to be around 40PSI. I wanted the most CFM/CCM I could get.

Then I scoured Amazon looking for the best air compressor for the buck. Yes it is cheap. Yes it does take a while to air up an oversized tire from 20LBS to 35LBS. But I an do all four tires in about 15 minutes. And that counts having to unhook and move it to each tire. I run it off of the alligator clips that mate to the battery directly.

The furthest rear tire on the opposite side from the battery is a bit of a stretch. It takes all of the cord an the two hoses joined together to get there. If I upgrade anything, I'm going to add a hose that runs from the engine bay to the underside of the truck near the cab/bed mid point. Just so I don't have to move the pump around.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
https://www.amazon.com/GSPSCN-Cylinder-Compressor-Portable-Inflator/dp/B07FBD3HSK

I built an Excel spreadsheet and put some conversion formulas in it so I could standardize my comparisons. Some are in CCM. some are in CFM, some are in other weird measurements too. I also added a duty cycle / run time.

I prioritized my search to looking for high airflow volume over total PSI. I didn't want a compressor that would go to 300PSI if my max was going to be around 40PSI. I wanted the most CFM/CCM I could get.

Then I scoured Amazon looking for the best air compressor for the buck. Yes it is cheap. Yes it does take a while to air up an oversized tire from 20LBS to 35LBS. But I an do all four tires in about 15 minutes. And that counts having to unhook and move it to each tire. I run it off of the alligator clips that mate to the battery directly.

The furthest rear tire on the opposite side from the battery is a bit of a stretch. It takes all of the cord an the two hoses joined together to get there. If I upgrade anything, I'm going to add a hose that runs from the engine bay to the underside of the truck near the cab/bed mid point. Just so I don't have to move the pump around.
I just bought that! Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try this weekend and if it doesn't work i'll return it and shell out the cash for one of those ARB compressors. There just doesn't seem to be a middle ground on the air compressors.

I started looking into building my own CO2 kit. It seems for under 200 bucks I can build a 10lb system. The power tank systems are outrageously priced...

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also purchased the 12v alligator clip extension. Should have plenty of length to reach that rear tire.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
Yeah I always thought that with a compressor like that it would be great to mount it in a tool box in the back with a small two or three gallon air reserve and then just flip a switch to turn it on when you get close to needing to air up. Then have that tank plumbed to a distribution system that went to the bumpers or the mid line of the truck.

By the time you do all of that though, you coulda just had the ARB Twin and called it a day.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yeah I always thought that with a compressor like that it would be great to mount it in a tool box in the back with a small two or three gallon air reserve and then just flip a switch to turn it on when you get close to needing to air up. Then have that tank plumbed to a distribution system that went to the bumpers or the mid line of the truck.

By the time you do all of that though, you coulda just had the ARB Twin and called it a day.
If I was going to go with air lockers I would of opped for a tank with a twin compressor but since I will be going with e lockers I figures the single compressor will do just fine and to say the least I was right!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks again for this recommendation. I just got the air pump in and tested it. I inflated a tire from 15 psi to 35 psi in 3 mins 30 seconds. That is a game changer in my opinion.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
How was the stretch to the last tire?

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How was the stretch to the last tire?
Easy peezy! I bought a 10 ft 12volt alligator clip extender. ?

It pumps up really fast to 30 psi and then it crawls to 38 psi but its a huge improvement over my other two. I dont think i'll get the arb one until this thing craps out.
Sponsored