HELP. No power to Auxiliary Power # 2 12v outlet

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xl
I was attempting to direct a small power inverter directly to the power that plugged into the back of auxiliary power #2. I removed the connector, cut and spliced my inverter to the wires. Now the wire do show any power. I'm starting fresh today trying to eliminate the why.

Fuse 16 appears to be good still.

I tested these multiple times prior to install and with key on there was power. I noticed if there was a load on the outlet and the key was switched off power would remain on. I'm wondering if I'm running into an issue that is trying to eliminate battery draw down?

Thanks for any help
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I was attempting to direct a small power inverter directly to the power that plugged into the back of auxiliary power #2. I removed the connector, cut and spliced my inverter to the wires. Now the wire do show any power. I'm starting fresh today trying to eliminate the why.

Fuse 16 appears to be good still.

I tested these multiple times prior to install and with key on there was power. I noticed if there was a load on the outlet and the key was switched off power would remain on. I'm wondering if I'm running into an issue that is trying to eliminate battery draw down?

Thanks for any help

Is there power with the key on now? If no, then you burned out something. Is there power on outlet #1? If so, trace back to where the wires meet, and see if there's anything busted there. I'd absolutely recommend running your own fused #12 wires to the battery direct if you want to run an inverter properly.

OP
OP
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xl
Is there power with the key on now? If no, then you burned out something. Is there power on outlet #1? If so, trace back to where the wires meet, and see if there's anything busted there. I'd absolutely recommend running your own fused #12 wires to the battery direct if you want to run an inverter properly.
#2 wires do not have power with key on.

#1 has power.

Invertor still works when plugged into #1.

I'm circling back to fuses for now. As I'm unsure why there is no power coming to #2 wires.

OP
OP
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xl
Also with the truck running Aux #1 and #3 are reading 15 volts. What does this mean? Is that normal?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
That's unfortunately normal when the charging circuit is active...

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Swap around the fuses anyway and see if that fixes it.
Sponsored