Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Those are the most ugly keypads I have seen.
Everything on this Ranger looks old. I understand that there's an all new Ranger in the plans, but you'd think they could have at least made it look like they tried on this iteration.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Everything on this Ranger looks old. I understand that there's an all new Ranger in the plans, but you'd think they could have at least made it look like they tried on this iteration.
I have to say I don't agree - I think a lot of this Ranger looks fresh (but maybe that is because I'm coming from a 2005 Ranger). I especially like how they used metal bumpers instead of the plastic on the ROTW Ranger. I think the lines with the metal bumpers look a lot better. I do wish they had made chrome bumpers standard. Chrome doesn't scratch like painted bumpers do.

Looks are obviously a very personal thing, so what looks dated to one person looks fine to someone else. I think we saw that in the reviews where some people didn't like the interior and others loved it.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I had the stick-on one for my Focus and it didn't bother me (and I'm pretty anal). As soon as it is available for the Ranger I am buying it. Being able to leave the keys in the truck when mountain biking / hiking / etc....is so worth it.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I agree. If I had not known that this Ranger has been around for years prior to arriving here, I wouldn't think any different on how it looks. I think it looks no older than any of the competition. Sure, compared to the F-150 it has a bit more conservative look, but I dig it.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks and everything about it. Like the posters above stated, it's all based on personal preference. I haven't seen too many positive comments from you on the Ranger and am trying to understand why you post on this forum since you appear to be a Jeep fan.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
So I guess that jeep Wrangler you drive looks fresh and new vs the old Ranger. Just sayin..........

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't think the interior looks old either. I like the Lariat interior but haven't seen the Xl or XLT.

I looked at one of the SEMA builds where they changed the interior to Lime green. Talk about ugly. But I'm an old fart, not a millennial.

Different stokes for different folks. If you don't like it there are other choices.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the interior looks old either. I like the Lariat interior but haven't seen the Xl or XLT.

I looked at one of the SEMA builds where they changed the interior to Lime green. Talk about ugly. But I'm an old fart, not a millennial.

Different stokes for different folks. If you don't like it there are other choices.
You know, after his 71 posts, (99% negative) I doubt he intends to purchase one anyhow. my feeling is he would be much happier over at the Jeep forum posting about that Good Lookin, Modern Designed, Well Built, Powerful, Non Ecoboost, Reliable Jeep Gladiator.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
The mid size trucks tend to always be the more watered down one size fits all vs full size trucks .. I think the ranger has a more traditional look to it but I don’t necessarily contribute the look to being old but more how mid size trucks are styled .. my previous trucks were a 15 lariat 150 and 17 250 lariat and I’m really liking the layout and simplicity of the ranger design .. the amount of money and tricks full size trucks have nowadays makes the experience somewhat of a hassle .. a good example of this is the tailgate on the new gm trucks being able to lower the tailgate and then close it from inside the cab, is that truly necesaaary? When I explain the ranger to people I claim it’s evertyhing you need and nothing you don’t

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered this option I hope the issue is resolved and my truck gets to my dealer in a reasonable amount of time.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I think this is the best Ranger yet, and of course that means the best midsized truck yet.
I would not be selling my 2001 Ranger if the 2019 had not been available.
After 18 years it is still better than any of the new Ranger's competition!

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
You know, after his 71 posts, (99% negative) I doubt he intends to purchase one anyhow. my feeling is he would be much happier over at the Jeep forum posting about that Good Lookin, Modern Designed, Well Built, Powerful, Non Ecoboost, Reliable Jeep Gladiator.
Great comeback..thanks for that post!

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Took my '06 Ranger to the carwash on Sunday and they managed to lock the keys in it. They had to "break"into it to get the doors open. This sold me on the touch pad.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Ranger 2/27 with a keypad, on a SuperCab. :like:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The mid size trucks tend to always be the more watered down one size fits all vs full size trucks .. I think the ranger has a more traditional look to it but I don’t necessarily contribute the look to being old but more how mid size trucks are styled .. my previous trucks were a 15 lariat 150 and 17 250 lariat and I’m really liking the layout and simplicity of the ranger design .. the amount of money and tricks full size trucks have nowadays makes the experience somewhat of a hassle .. a good example of this is the tailgate on the new gm trucks being able to lower the tailgate and then close it from inside the cab, is that truly necesaaary? When I explain the ranger to people I claim it’s evertyhing you need and nothing you don’t

I'll tell you now that if I lower the seat, pretend the gear shifter is a stick, and imagine a boost gauge on top of the dash, I would swear i'm in my 2013 Focus ST :) With the seat up, and the gear shifter not being a stick, I'm definitely in my wife's 2011 Edge Sport (Except for the dash cluster).

:)
Sponsored