Do the letters on the gear selector light up with the dash lights?

DangerRanger84

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey, I know this may sound like a silly question. I noticed today that the lettering next to the gear selector (the PRND1) letter do not light up with the dash lights at night. Only had the truck a couple of weeks and honestly never noticed if they lit up before. They look like they might? Do yours light up?

Have the 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sponsored

dmenace1

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4
Occupation
OTR Driver
I have tha same year and model. They discontinued the light on the gear selector, I believe around mid-20 yr model. Someone might come along and verify or correct the time.

Mr.M

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT sport 2WD
Hey, I know this may sound like a silly question. I noticed today that the lettering next to the gear selector (the PRND1) letter do not light up with the dash lights at night. Only had the truck a couple of weeks and honestly never noticed if they lit up before. They look like they might? Do yours light up?

Have the 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I have a 2021 Ranger XLT Sport they do not illuminate for me. Noticed it the first week I bought the truck no biggie but was used to it with my prior car.

OP
OP

DangerRanger84

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Awesome, good to know! Glad the new truck ain’t broke lol - thanks for the quick responses guys!
Sponsored