Hold up on the $95 option?

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
How do you lock your key fob in the car??? My BMWs won't lock if the key fob is inside. My son's Honda Civic does the same thing.
The xl and xlt don't have smart keys so you can just leave the keys inside and hit the door lock before you close the door. The Lariat has a smart key so I'm not sure but I think you can hit a lock code on the keyless entry pad to lock the keys inside but again not 100% sure on that.

Other uses for the keypad and locking keys in truck are skiing, boating, clubbing, concerts ect...
Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
The Lariat has a smart key so I'm not sure but I think you can hit a lock code on the keyless entry pad to lock the keys inside but again not 100% sure on that.
Just leave the fob in the truck and push 7-8 & 9-0 simultaneously and it will lock the doors and disable the Smart Key (so pulling on the handle won't open the door). Enter your 5-digit code and the doors unlock and you only have to push Start to turn on the truck. Extremely handy.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
Just leave the fob in the truck and push 7-8 & 9-0 simultaneously and it will lock the doors and disable the Smart Key (so pulling on the handle won't open the door). Enter your 5-digit code and the doors unlock and you only have to push Start to turn on the truck. Extremely handy.
Love this feature. Some vehicles can be locked with their smartkey inside by locking the doors with the keyfob or door button while sitting inside, then opening your door and manually pushing the "lock" back into the locked position(either down or forward usually). Then shutting the door.
Obviously this is only beneficial when you or someone else has the spare key to re-enter.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
The Ranger Accessory List appears to me as a list for dealer add-on options and when they will be available to them. I hope this is the case.

The only late start item my dealer identified was the tonneau covers. I did not order a tonneau cover as a result.

Talking to my salesman this week he also told me about the late delivery or possible hold up from the tonneau covers, so we deleted it from my order and will have them install one locally as they have in the past. I just am excited to get my Ranger ASAP. Lol, no delays

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
I was concerned that the Keypad would delay my order so I asked my salesman and he checked and said that it didn't show any commodity shortages on my truck.

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Hmm, I have not talked to the dealer since I put the money down on the truck on 10/01/18 maybe I should check on this.

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Pulled from the new price & build website for the Ranger.

252F75BF-BC88-41D3-B410-5A888B0391A9.png
Has anyone been able to find out if there’s going to be the accessory part number for the keypad? The ones I’ve seen online say they don’t work with the flip key fob and factory remote start.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone been able to find out if there’s going to be the accessory part number for the keypad? The ones I’ve seen online say they don’t work with the flip key fob and factory remote start.
The factory installed one is different from the dealer installed one. No one here has been able to order a dealer installed one, since they are delayed until Q2 2019.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I was hoping the same (as on our '16 Escape), and was why I had initially added it to the order. Hopefully they'll rethink this for MY2020 so that those who wait will have a nicer feature.
Sponsored