Anybody drive the snot out of your truck? Hows it holding up?

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
I'm a very slow driver, but I'm just really curious about this. We must have some lead foot drivers in here.

There's a school of thought that says "a redline a day keeps the mechanic away" although I'm not sure that's true. šŸ˜…

1689966051468.png

^NOT ME
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm a very slow driver, but I'm just really curious about this. We must have some lead foot drivers in here.

There's a school of thought that says "a redline a day keeps the mechanic away" although I'm not sure that's true. šŸ˜…

1689966051468.png

^NOT ME
I drive hard and fast but don't abuse the vehicle. Just a heavy foot and a hard braker. When passing it's pedal to the floor. :devil::rockon:

The curve speed signs are a suggestion so I just keep the cruise control on and blast through the curve. I do wear the outside of my tires before I wear out the tread. :frown:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Just "hauling arse" dosen't/isn't "driving the snot" out of it. But many of us tow very large/heavy trailers, from travel trailers to load trailers carrying heavy equipment, over everything from flats to mountains.....that is "running it". Try towing a 6000 lb trailer all over the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, up, down curves, at 30-45 mph....that will give it a true test. Or running 65 mph, towing, for 10-12 hours. Makes doing a burnout seem "tame" !!!!!

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

1689966051468.png

^NOT ME
Anybody drive the snot out of your truck?

Nope. I don't want my Ranger ending up like this............

šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:
OP
OP

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Itā€™s the kid in me that just loves to hear that turbo spooling up and then the pffft when I back off. Never gets old!!!
I'm happy to announce I can now finally hear the turbo. Maybe its just had to break in? Anyway whenever I give it more than say 40% throttle, I can hear a whooshing of air in the cabin. Its slight, but I can hear it. Makes me want to add an intake. šŸ˜

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I'm happy to announce I can now finally hear the turbo. Maybe its just had to break in? Anyway whenever I give it more than say 40% throttle, I can hear a whooshing of air in the cabin. Its slight, but I can hear it. Makes me want to add an intake. šŸ˜
You sure it's not the fake engine noise? šŸ¤”

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Truck should be orange for that pic šŸ¤£
Lol have you seen the end of that video? That Raptor did not survive. Idiots thought it was a trophy truck or something.

Context if anyone hasnā€™t seen this video that should be in the YouTube hall of fame:

Can you jump a Raptor 90 feet? Sure. Once.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Lol have you seen the end of that video? That Raptor did not survive. Idiots thought it was a trophy truck or something.

Context if anyone hasnā€™t seen this video that should be in the YouTube hall of fame:

Can you jump a Raptor 90 feet? Sure. Once.
But, Dave's Ranger has a damper and has multiple coats of 303. 303 makes it much more aerodynamic, letting it flow thru the air "smoother" due to the lack of contaminants which disturb the flow, and the damper takes up the shock of hard landings.....

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I've seen the video lol. But the thumbnail reminds me of...

"Just a good old boys
Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law since the day they was born..." šŸ¤£
Sponsored