Goodbye Ranger, Hello 2022 Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I'll be honest, if ford doesn't start building my ranger in the next 30 days I'll starting looking into this frontier.

I don't like the design but at the same time, I do... I'm so confused.
Nissan has better ads at least the ones I've seen lately with Tim Tebow taking delivery of a Frontier and of course Brie Larson behind the wheel , I think that Ford F-150 ad saying it's not an F-150 because of the name or something like that really lacks any pizzaz and doesn't cut it. but then again the "new" pathfinder ad is completely lame.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Why are people so butthurt about someone else getting a new truck? Sad sight to see.

Congrats on the new truck! Personally, I love the look of the new Frontier.
Beats me. Some people thrive off drama I suppose! Seems to only bother one person! LOL
there are threads comparing the Ranger to the Tacoma and no one complaints about that. Talk of the Bronco on the Ranger forum, no one complaints about that. I get it, some aren't a fan of Nissan.
and I certainly NEVER said the Ranger was better than the Frontier, and I certainly wasn't "prancing around" LOL

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Beats me. Some people thrive off drama I suppose! Seems to only bother one person! LOL
there are threads comparing the Ranger to the Tacoma and no one complaints about that. Talk of the Bronco on the Ranger forum, no one complaints about that. I get it, some aren't a fan of Nissan.
and I certainly NEVER said the Ranger was better than the Frontier, and I certainly wasn't "prancing around" LOL
Went to pick up my truck after dealer having all this past week while I was on vacation...hoping to resolve my transmission "clunk" and the highway speed vibration. No resolution to either issue, as ALL the people that drove it last week said it felt normal and drove "awesome". Sigh...
So I drove it across the street to the Nissan dealer just to see if they had one. No ProX on the lot, but did have an SV 4X4, so I sat in it. Wasn't uncomfortable or cramped compared to the Ranger, although did feel the tiniest bit smaller overall. May be my imagination.
Anyway, not a bad looking truck in person, but if I were to get one it would be the Pro X or Pro 4X, I think.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Nissan has better ads at least the ones I've seen lately with Tim Tebow taking delivery of a Frontier and of course Brie Larson behind the wheel , I think that Ford F-150 ad saying it's not an F-150 because of the name or something like that really lacks any pizzaz and doesn't cut it. but then again the "new" pathfinder ad is completely lame.
Have not seen any ad's for the frontier actually.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Went to pick up my truck after dealer having all this past week while I was on vacation...hoping to resolve my transmission "clunk" and the highway speed vibration. No resolution to either issue, as ALL the people that drove it last week said it felt normal and drove "awesome". Sigh...
So I drove it across the street to the Nissan dealer just to see if they had one. No ProX on the lot, but did have an SV 4X4, so I sat in it. Wasn't uncomfortable or cramped compared to the Ranger, although did feel the tiniest bit smaller overall. May be my imagination.
Anyway, not a bad looking truck in person, but if I were to get one it would be the Pro X or Pro 4X, I think.
Pro-X's and Pro-4X's are either sold before they arrive (based off in-transit inventory online), or if not presold, they're gone the day they come off the truck.
Nothing wrong with the SV's, They actually have a smoother ride. Michelin tires were on the ones here. Pro's get the stiffer Bilstein shocks and AT tires, and different interior decor.

Did you drive it?

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Wow, never buy the 1st year of a new car design.....twice I did it and I had issues both times. Never again and I'm very happy with my 2020 XLT !
2014 Subaru Forester (redesign) going strong at 115k for me. I'm not afraid of first model years. The frontier kept the same powertrain, too.

I'm definitely going to take a look at the Frontier now with the crushingly late ETA for the Ranger redesign.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I would hate to trade for a less capable (payload and towing) truck then what I had.

You WILL have gripes and imperfections arise that won’t be any worse, better, or less annoying, then the Ranger.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
What does the door sticker state the payload capacity is for the Pro4x? I saw a video that said it’s just over 1000 lbs, so Im curious if that’s true.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I
Pro-X's and Pro-4X's are either sold before they arrive (based off in-transit inventory online), or if not presold, they're gone the day they come off the truck.
Nothing wrong with the SV's, They actually have a smoother ride. Michelin tires were on the ones here. Pro's get the stiffer Bilstein shocks and AT tires, and different interior decor.

Did you drive it?
I did not. Really didn't have the time, and didn't want to get that deep into it just yet.

IcemanSTX

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Front on, each truck has its own personality.

Frontier a little more "squarish", the the Ranger a little more rounded.

Like the Rectangular LED fog lights compared to the Rangers. (doesn't look like Ranger has LED headlights on that trim).

Not really a fan of the silver "skidplate" on the frontier, but don't some trim levels of Ranger have the same appearance? Its plastic as well on front. Lower, its metal.

Ranger has a more pronounced "bumper" than the Frontier.

The same Hankook wheels AT2 are used on BOTH models (FX2 vs Pro-x).

Both are nice looking trucks (not a fan of the Tactical Green on the Frontier, however).

ranger_and_22_frontier.jpg
People disagreeing on car forums:

maxresdefault (1).jpg
You can't have two number ones. Yeah, cuz that would be eleven

IcemanSTX

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I assume you're referring to me.
I'm not butt hurt about him getting a new truck. More power to him, his money, his choice.
but his prancing around here raising it above the Ranger is akin to your best friend dating your ex wife and telling you how awesome she is.
Lmao
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.