Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

There is an old saying at Ford...."There comes time in every program where you have to shoot the engineer and start production" There are decisions one must make in life as we get older...Family matters, health etc. So with much weighing of my point in life, It is time for me to say good bye to the 5G forums and fade into the woodwork. I simply cannot at this juncture spend the time it takes to read every forum post and for those posts, where I can contribute, respond. My life requires refocusing on other priorities.

So I am saying good bye to all forum members and wish all of you the best, happy motoring and good luck! It has been a good ride for me, but time that I move on.

I will lurk on these forums for a while as time permits, but my participation will be limited.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Wait! Before you go. I need advice on my rust issue :blush:
Rust - The Dealers Problem or My Problem? | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
I'm pretty new here but been around long enough to catch some of your posts and they are always insightful. Believe the last post I read was something regarding drive shaft alignment. Anyway, sorry to see you ramping down your participation but can understand that balance in ones life is essential. Take care and hope to see a few more posts from you now and then. Like in my latest thread above :wink:

UPDATE: I've received a whole lot of feedback on the topic. Think I'm good to go now :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
You gota do what you got to do.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. As RP said you will be greatly missed for your insight into Ford, your experience from your racing days and above all all your great back stories.

Live long and prosper!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Than you for EVERYTHING Phil !!! And thanks to Mrs Phil for allowing Phil to help us with our problems, complaints, and educating us on SOOOOOOOOOOO many things !!!

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.....take care Phil !!! You WILL be missed :frown:

Last edited:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Ranger Owner âś…
5G Forum member âś…
16,000+ reaction score âś…
Damper âś…
Knowledge âś…
Wisdom âś…
Contributor âś…
Common Sense âś…
Good Story Teller âś…

:inspect: thats an internet contract ? Your request has been denied. ?‍⚖

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Take care Phil. We had few interactions here and there as I joined later but it was always pleasant. You’re legacy lives on in these forums with your stories and wealth of information. I am sure I will still find old stories from you in some thread around here. Do visit time to time if able to, just to give a legendary “like” to a few lucky posts here n there throughout the year. Enjoy life and the family. And most of all, thank you for everything that you’ve done for Ford and here.