Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

There is an old saying at Ford...."There comes time in every program where you have to shoot the engineer and start production" There are decisions one must make in life as we get older...Family matters, health etc. So with much weighing of my point in life, It is time for me to say good bye to the 5G forums and fade into the woodwork. I simply cannot at this juncture spend the time it takes to read every forum post and for those posts, where I can contribute, respond. My life requires refocusing on other priorities.

So I am saying good bye to all forum members and wish all of you the best, happy motoring and good luck! It has been a good ride for me, but time that I move on.

I will lurk on these forums for a while as time permits, but my participation will be limited.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
You will be missed here Phil, thanks for the many advices and insights, it's an honor to have met you here on the forum.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
It's been a pleasure to chat with you, read your comments, and receive your insight. All the suggestions and experience will definitely be missed. I wish you nothing but the best. If you every make it to TN The Stetson hat, and cowboy boots will ggv it right in. Wish nothing but best for you and your family

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Best of luck and thank you for your first-hand knowledge and input.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s been a real privilege Phil.

We’ve all gained a great deal from your contribution to the Ranger brand and to this forum.

Take care of yourself, Margie, and Tito.

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
Thank You so much for all the help and advice you shared with us! Best of luck in the future!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I understand Phil. Know you will be missed.
And not because of your vast Ranger knowledge. Good luck

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

There is an old saying at Ford...."There comes time in every program where you have to shoot the engineer and start production" There are decisions one must make in life as we get older...Family matters, health etc. So with much weighing of my point in life, It is time for me to say good bye to the 5G forums and fade into the woodwork. I simply cannot at this juncture spend the time it takes to read every forum post and for those posts, where I can contribute, respond. My life requires refocusing on other priorities.

So I am saying good bye to all forum members and wish all of you the best, happy motoring and good luck! It has been a good ride for me, but time that I move on.

I will lurk on these forums for a while as time permits, but my participation will be limited.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
We can all understand the need to refocus as one ages. Those of us who are pushing seventy perhaps understand it better than some of the younger members. Thanks so much for all your contributions to the forum, and, of course, for all your contributions to Ford and motorsports over the years! Happy Trails!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I cannot imagine anyone here not having been blessed by your presence in this forum, for so many reasons.

May God richly bless you and hold you and your family close, and protect you as you go your way.

You will be missed indeed!

younga01

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2018 Ford Edge
Occupation
IT, Meteorology, and Basketball Coaching
I definitely lurk more then post, but man, when you posted something... I read it. It was a must read every time. Good luck and God Bless!

I definitely understand re-prioritizing. Right at the start of the year, we took custody of my nephews. So much time, money, and other resources went into the sudden life change of going from no kids to two kids on 6 days notice. I'm so far behind on where I wanted to be with the truck... and I wouldn't change it for the world. Family first.
Sponsored