First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I noticed my mower seemed really hot for a cool day while cutting the grass recently. I always open the hood an blow all the clippings off the engine an deck before putting it back in the garage. I opened the hood an the screen that covers the flywheel area was totally clogged with what looks like cotton wood. I have three mowers that have this feature to suck air into the motor to cool it. It's been really dry lately so clipping are dry too. Today I stopped halfway through cutting the grass an the same thing was happening. Guess I have to clean the screen at the halfway point for now.

mowerscreen.jpg

Mid-Size

After installing a Velossa intake bend, I noticed the track air makes it to the box is largely unobstructed... 4 quick series of 90 degree turns and your at the airbox. Pretty much a 4000lbs roomba for the roads. And yes this season seems worse then others for the pollen.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
removed the air filter today for cleaning and was greeted with this. ??? seems really cottony, so only thing i can come up with as a cause is there has been alot of the cottonlike crap falling from the cottonwood trees in the area. or do i have a varmint problem? any ideas?
1686163405475.png

1686163452902.png

1686163476396.png
WAS THE TRUCK NOT USED FOR A FEW WEEKS OR A MONTH MAYBE?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s practically snowing that stuff here too. I read that it’s an unprecedented year for cottonwood fluff. It’s clogged my lawn mower intake, it’s all over the patio and the creek beside the cottage looks like it has snow on its banks.

That stuff’s everywhere!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
It’s practically snowing that stuff here too. I read that it’s an unprecedented year for cottonwood fluff. It’s clogged my lawn mower intake, it’s all over the patio and the creek beside the cottage looks like it has snow on its banks.

That stuff’s everywhere!
Same here, but it is winding down with all the wind from the thunderstorms this week.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Screenshot_20230306-102437.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Around my parts is pine forests. 180’ ones. It’s pollen season and with all the rain not seeing it. But once it stops man, instant clouds and it gets everywhere
10-4 We have two pines right next to our townhome and this time of year as they are forming pinecones, we get the "green death" pollen storm. The furniture looks like a haunted house if we don't dust almost daily.
Sponsored