Saw this today...

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've been very tempted to see if I can fit my riding mower in the bed of my Ranger. I've measured things like crazy, and the mower deck pokes out a little bit on the right hand side. The tires of the mower should fit between the wheel wells, but the deck makes the overall fitment pretty iffy.

I need to find someone with some loading ramps I can borrow to see if I can make it work before going out to buy my own loading ramps.

Of course, the easier way would be to just use a little utility trailer. I'd have to rent or borrow one for now, as I don't currently have space to store one of my own.
Sponsored

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
my little rider fits....but the tailgate stays down.
i have 6ft ramps and it's iffy riding up them.
likes to wheelie and want to flip over.
I push it up and pull it down most times instead of risking my life.
i'd go with 8ft ramps if you can find them.
I have a 42" zero turn (which because of the slight offset to the deck has a full width closer to 46"). I'd have to keep the tailgate down, too. the only reason I would need to transport my mower would be to take it in for service once a year or so. the shop I use currently does pickup/delivery, so I don't need to transport it on my own.

I have a nice slope to my driveway, though, that would make loading/unloading at home much easier. and they have their own ramps that they use at the shop, too.