First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Very nice rig. Be sure to post pics of the road trip!!!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Matt, How do you like the Bronco now that you've had it for a few days? I still think you should've snuck back over to the dealer without your wife and got your Ranger back. The next morning you could've looked out the window and said "honey, looks like the Ranger was homesick and came back home". :shock::giggle:

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Matt, How do you like the Bronco now that you've had it for a few days? I still think you should've snuck back over to the dealer without your wife and got your Ranger back. The next morning you could've looked out the window and said "honey, looks like the Ranger was homesick and came back home". :shock::giggle:
Hi Dave,
I got sick the day after I bought It so unfortunately I’ve been napping a lot. I’m actually in it right now though taking the wife for a spin. One of the main things I noticed is how much easier it is to drive around then the ranger. I’m sure it’s because I sit up higher and it’s a shorter length.
Also there is way more leg room. I never could get back far enough in the ranger to be comfortable.
Also I feel my foot doesn’t have to be at such an incline to operate the accelerator.
I’m really enjoying sync 4 and the gauges that are right in front of me.
I think the one thing I didn’t realize was how loud it would be. On the freeway it sounds like the windows are down. Right now I write it off as it’s part of the experience but I think over time it will be annoying. I’m already looking at the speaker amp upgrade.
Another bummer is ford didn’t include the correct dipsticks with broncos and nobody can accurately read their oil level. I think the forum guys are close to finding the answer but ford has been mum on the matter.
There is no going back to the ranger. I loved it but this is my new younger lady lol.

Oh and I love the led lights!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,
I got sick the day after I bought It so unfortunately I’ve been napping a lot. I’m actually in it right now though taking the wife for a spin. One of the main things I noticed is how much easier it is to drive around then the ranger. I’m sure it’s because I sit up higher and it’s a shorter length.
Also there is way more leg room. I never could get back far enough in the ranger to be comfortable.
Also I feel my foot doesn’t have to be at such an incline to operate the accelerator.
I’m really enjoying sync 4 and the gauges that are right in front of me.
I think the one thing I didn’t realize was how loud it would be. On the freeway it sounds like the windows are down. Right now I write it off as it’s part of the experience but I think over time it will be annoying. I’m already looking at the speaker amp upgrade.
Another bummer is ford didn’t include the correct dipsticks with broncos and nobody can accurately read their oil level. I think the forum guys are close to finding the answer but ford has been mum on the matter.
There is no going back to the ranger. I loved it but this is my new younger lady lol.

Oh and I love the led lights!
Sorry to hear you're not feeling good Matt. I figured you'd be out driving around non stop since Monday. lol I drove 1 soft top Bronco and it was definitely louder than the hard top I drove. It seemed to be coming more from the rear windows and was really loud at 70 mph. I took my Jeep down to Mexico back in March and it's definitely louder than the Ranger but I didn't find it all that bad. Just flip the top back and enjoy it for the summer, I'm sure you'll get use to it as it's a whole different driving experience.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear you're not feeling good Matt. I figured you'd be out driving around non stop since Monday. lol I drove 1 soft top Bronco and it was definitely louder than the hard top I drove. It seemed to be coming more from the rear windows and was really loud at 70 mph. I took my Jeep down to Mexico back in March and it's definitely louder than the Ranger but I didn't find it all that bad. Just flip the top back and enjoy it for the summer, I'm sure you'll get use to it as it's a whole different driving experience.
Thanks Dave!

I think I'll be getting the hardtop of it ever becomes available. My Bronco has the prep kit so it should be easy.

Until then I'll be enjoying the convertible!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave!

I think I'll be getting the hardtop of it ever becomes available. My Bronco has the prep kit so it should be easy.

Until then I'll be enjoying the convertible!
With this new info hopefully it'll be soon.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/f...lier-to-spend-213-million-on-project-by-2023/

Webasto estimates that it will invest a whopping $200 million euros ($213 million USD) into the Ford Bronco hard top project by the end of this year, which is a staggering sum for one product. However, the molded-in color (MIC) hardtop is also a massive moneymaking project for the company, one that will generate $2 billion in sales for Webasto over its eight-year lifespan, which covers 2018-2026.

The company estimates that the Bronco MIC top will account for a whopping 20 percent of its sales in the Americas region (which includes the U.S., Canada, and Mexico) beginning this year and continuing for the next several years. Ultimately, Webasto plans to build around one million roof systems for the rugged SUV, whic

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what they need to do! Hopefully they can get them to us quickly!

Have you watched This guy's videos? He has immense technical knowledge on the bronco. He even has a Turbo etiquette video that was pretty elementary but he just had a way of explaining everything that is still helpful and enjoyable. I recommend watching them if you don't already know him.

Here is his video on the 2.3 which is probably more relevant to ranger owners.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's what they need to do! Hopefully they can get them to us quickly!

Have you watched This guy's videos? He has immense technical knowledge on the bronco. He even has a Turbo etiquette video that was pretty elementary but he just had a way of explaining everything that is still helpful and enjoyable. I recommend watching them if you don't already know him.

Here is his video on the 2.3 which is probably more relevant to ranger owners.
Great videos Matt Thanks! I only watched the first one but he really does explain things thoroughly. Maybe one day I'll get my 2.7 Bronco and this video will be even more helpful. lol
Sponsored