First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Don't worry you won't have to sniff your oil if you start having real problems the level will be about an inch or two or more over your full mark. Then it's not to funny.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Your probably gonna be good haven't heard of anyones problem starting with that amount of miles. Usually from the start to 20 to 25 thousand. Everything I've read anyway. My trouble started at between 8,500 and 9,000 miles!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Research - developing ranger bed based in-line gasoline to oil converter/cooler for oil sump on all 2021 rangers and above. Requires 20ft bed option...

1605658494531.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Your probably gonna be good haven't heard of anyones problem starting with that amount of miles. Usually from the start to 20 to 25 thousand. Everything I've read anyway. My trouble started at between 8,500 and 9,000 miles!
Not something I'm proud of but, I do believe no other privately owned USA Ranger has as many miles...I'll be the lab rat for the longevity run...wish me luck...

Last edited:

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford Research - developing ranger bed based in-line gasoline to oil converter/cooler for oil sump on all 2021 rangers and above. Requires 20ft bed option...

1605658494531.png
I'm gonna see if they can install one on my truck MAYBE it would straighten it out!!

SomeJoDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
My dealership performed a Ford recommended procedure in an attempt to fix my fuel in oil issue. Something about a PVC Valve check apparently failed to correct the issue. The dealership mechanic said such before attempting the repair. When I picked up my truck my dealership rep stated that they again reached out to Ford for a recommended fix for the problem. They also stated they had another new ranger in the shop with the same issue and even checked one they had on their lot with only 25 miles on it that also measured a high level on the dipstick. So my dealership has at least 3 Rangers that have this issue.
The poll on this site clearly does not fully represent the magnitude of this problem. The issue likely has a lot to do with how the truck is driven. My usual drive is only 8 miles to and from work each day. Taking a road trip for Thanksgiving and going to take a oil sample before and after the trip to see what the fuel percentage is.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
My dealership performed a Ford recommended procedure in an attempt to fix my fuel in oil issue. Something about a PVC Valve check apparently failed to correct the issue. The dealership mechanic said such before attempting the repair. When I picked up my truck my dealership rep stated that they again reached out to Ford for a recommended fix for the problem. They also stated they had another new ranger in the shop with the same issue and even checked one they had on their lot with only 25 miles on it that also measured a high level on the dipstick. So my dealership has at least 3 Rangers that have this issue.
The poll on this site clearly does not fully represent the magnitude of this problem. The issue likely has a lot to do with how the truck is driven. My usual drive is only 8 miles to and from work each day. Taking a road trip for Thanksgiving and going to take a oil sample before and after the trip to see what the fuel percentage is.
I think your point on the issue being understated is well put. Think of how many drive their vehicle and have no clue to check their oil or any other fluid. Until the dealer or their dashboard says they need service they just put gas in the truck and go.

The fact that so many on here have an issue (only because they thought to check) probably means the issue is much more widespread than we're lead to believe.

jinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
I am thinking about getting a Ranger. I read through this entire thread and it concerned me. Let this be a message to Ford, I think I'll hold off unless Ford issues a fix and makes buyers whole again... and there's a few others who posted here that feel the same.

On the technical side, there's a few things I don't understand. I am not an engine guy myself, but I like troubleshooting problems. Maybe these ideas can help push the investigation along:

Theory 1) Truck turning on randomly by itself in garages (and fuel pump noise) / FordPass server check-ins: maybe someone with the oil fuel issue can volunteer to always disconnect their battery while parked at home for a while and do oil tests, see if it improves.

Theory 2) Oil Separator theory: an oil separator was supposedly added around 2018. Not sure if that could have an effect. Something about fumes.

Theory 3) Bigger cooler theory: one of the main differences described between Mustang and Ranger 2.3L ecoboost is a bigger cooler for the oil. Maybe the oil is never getting hot enough to burn off the fuel in it, someone said. To test this theory, maybe there is an engine heater/oil heater you can buy and install and run overnight every night, so when you start up the vehicle, it's already warmed. This is just to test the theory out, and if it works, Ford can work on a fix.

Regardless, very sorry to hear the pain you are feeling and I hope it gets resolved soon

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not something I'm proud of but, I do believe no other privately owned USA Ranger has as many miles...I'll be the lab rat for the longevity run...wish me luck...
I am gong to keep an eye on you Sid as I plan on making mine a keeper. Probably would still be driving my 92 F250 that I sold in 2013 when we moved from Omaha to Dallas. Just didn't need the beast anymore. :thumbsup: Good Luck
Sponsored