Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1605970593455.png

The ARB summit

1605970668648.png

Westin pro mod

They both are pretty different
I like the ARB (bottom pic) does it allow the FX4 skid plate to direct mount up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I like the ARB (bottom pic) does it allow the FX4 skid plate to direct mount up?
The bottom pic is the westin. I ended up going with that one but arb (top pic) was my first choice. Just didnt work out.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Yeah I also have a thing for grille protection in case any deers wanna test their luck lol. But you cant really beat the price on these promods.

Your truck looks so sick! Kinda a glimpse on what my truck will look like (also magnetic and also have amber light bar). I'll probably get the led grille lights too. Well be twins.

I wish I would've known about the skid plate as I bought the westin along with the bumper. Too bad you cant just use the stock ones. I like those.
You can use the stock non Fx4 skid plate (not so sure about the Fx4 one), but it leaves an unsightly gap and it's wider than the little deflector at the bottom of the bumper

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
You can use the stock non Fx4 skid plate (not so sure about the Fx4 one), but it leaves an unsightly gap and it's wider than the little deflector at the bottom of the bumper
Oh nice. Thats good to know. I guess if it left a gap like the ARB one then I wouldn't mind but since I already ordered the westin skid, might as well use it lol

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I am all Westin. I dont get many deers in Orange County, CA.

eibach-yokohama-apg-ford-ranger-14 (1).jpg
Hey Danny. I have fenders from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts o
I am all Westin. I dont get many deers in Orange County, CA.

eibach-yokohama-apg-ford-ranger-14 (1).jpg
Hey Danny, I have some fenders on the way that are 4.5" per side than stock. Looks like with your stock fenders the bumper was wider than your fenders but it was flush with your fender flares? How did you get Westin to widen your bumper?

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hey Danny. I have fenders from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts o

Hey Danny, I have some fenders on the way that are 4.5" per side than stock. Looks like with your stock fenders the bumper was wider than your fenders but it was flush with your fender flares? How did you get Westin to widen your bumper?
Sooo I actually modified my bumper. The Westin bumper comes stock to fit the OEM width of the Ranger. When I dropped off my truck to @APG they were nice enough to custom fabricate the front bumper to make it lineup perfectly with my newly widened fenders. They were able to cut and weld a piece in to make it look factory. I hope that helps! I am sure APG can help you out!

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I really like the ARB bumper myself as well, number one choice, except I dont like the protection around the grill and headlights. (Excessive and bulky looking). The rest looks amazing.

I want this bumper but waiting for it as I have not heard a single thing yet.

I love that its made by ARB, its less bulky, it is more of a factory look vs many aftermarket styles, factory fog lights transfer, it works with the FX4 skid plate, the adaptive cruise control sensor stays put, and the price being $1495 before discounts it should be priced well the sponsoring Ford dealership lowers the price. So I'm holding out.

I really really like addictive desert designs as well but no winch and pricey.

Screenshot_20210103-020535_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210103-014720_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210103-014726_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I really like the ARB bumper myself as well, number one choice, except I dont like the protection around the grill and headlights. (Excessive and bulky looking). The rest looks amazing.

I want this bumper but waiting for it as I have not heard a single thing yet.

I love that its made by ARB, its less bulky, it is more of a factory look vs many aftermarket styles, factory fog lights transfer, it works with the FX4 skid plate, the adaptive cruise control sensor stays put, and the price being $1495 before discounts it should be priced well the sponsoring Ford dealership lowers the price. So I'm holding out.

I really really like addictive desert designs as well but no winch and pricey.

Screenshot_20210103-020535_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210103-014720_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210103-014726_Chrome.jpg
Yeah I been reading about this but when I asked my ford dealership about it he had no clue they even had such a thing ??

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sooo I actually modified my bumper. The Westin bumper comes stock to fit the OEM width of the Ranger. When I dropped off my truck to @APG they were nice enough to custom fabricate the front bumper to make it lineup perfectly with my newly widened fenders. They were able to cut and weld a piece in to make it look factory. I hope that helps! I am sure APG can help you out!
Duuuude, whatever works right? And yes I like what I see APG doing but I'm in Texas so I can't just drive up and be like hey let's figure this out lol. That did help to know it fits OEM width.

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Duuuude, whatever works right? And yes I like what I see APG doing but I'm in Texas so I can't just drive up and be like hey let's figure this out lol. That did help to know it fits OEM width.
haha I totally understand! I do know that the RTR Flares come with front bumper extensions, so something like that might be an easy adjustment to make fit?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha I totally understand! I do know that the RTR Flares come with front bumper extensions, so something like that might be an easy adjustment to make fit?
Ahh yes I have seen those! Did APG weld some metal at the ends of the bumper to make it flush with the wider fenders?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport