First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercrew fx4
Occupation
Software engineer
A few people have asked me questions about the bumper and the install, so I thought I'd make a thread so everyone can ask questions and answers can be shared.

The bumper came in a massive box, it sat on the very edge of the tailgate, everything was packaged very nicely and every piece of the bumper was in its own little box.

The install took me about 3 mornings to do, living in AZ I wanted to stay out of the heat. Everything is pretty straight forward, I found the instructions to be very good. I recommend using an engine hoist to fit the bumper, it makes it so much easier, and there is less risk of you damaging the paint on your truck. It could possibly be done without it, but you would need three people to do it, two to hold it and one to run the bolts through. Note that you have to mount the bumper, mark where to drill 4 holes, remove it, and mount it again, and the engine hoist really helps when you are trying to line everything up.

The wiring on the bumper is NOT plug and play, but its really not a big deal. The fog lights come with deutsch connectors, I opted to cut these off and use a standard H11 male head light connector so that I did not have to modify the harness from the truck. I bought the connectors from NAPA, part number HWH101, ($10ea), its a complete harness with with both male and female connectors, just cut it in half and use the male end, splice it into the ARB light. The indicator lights come with some clamp connectors, also pretty easy, you just need a test light to figure out which wire does what. I believe the truck side was green-ground, yellow-indicator, brown-running light, but double check.

One user said that they had to bend the wing panels that go under the bumper, I did not experience that, but I am only running a 275/70r17 tire, so I had no clearance issues.

I did not fit a winch at this time, and I do not have advanced cruise control so I cannot answer any questions on those, but anything else feel free to ask and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities.

And one more thing, I bought the bumper from Sierra Expeditions in Mesa AZ, great group of guys, I highly recommend them, I ordered the bumper on monday and had it in my possession on friday of the same week. Stage 3 motorsports told me that they couldn't even get one.

20200515_154149.jpg

20200515_191503.jpg

20200520_111636.jpg

20200522_130832.jpg
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cool! Looks good! Will the bumper have to come back off if you want to mount a winch in the future or can it be mounted from the bottom?

Oh yeah, what leveling setup are you running?

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software engineer
love it. no trimming of any panels, right? looks like it just sits above/ in front of some of the painted parts of the front?
correct, absolutely no panel trimming.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What leveling setup are you running on the front?

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software engineer
What leveling setup are you running on the front?
just a 2in from readylift. I eventually want to move to the old man emu lift kit to bring the front back up a little

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
just a 2in from readylift. I eventually want to move to the old man emu lift kit to bring the front back up a little
I'm thinking about going the Eibach kit set to 3 inches to counter the weight of the ARB Summit and winch.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Great you didn’t have to bend the under panel. I ended up really liking how the shop did mine. My lights were wired up to the OEM fog light button, but you are right, they did have to be re wired so good that you clarified the “plug and play”.

It’s great to see more of these ARB bumpers out there. It’s the only bar I put on my rigs. Hopefully the US market continues to grow in aftermarket products so the Aussies aren’t the only ones with all the fun!

looks great and once again congrats!

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the panels I frequently reference. Perhaps not the way the were intended to be installed but nonetheless they work for me. I guess the main worry would be mud or rocks getting inside the opening and sit inside the bar, but nothing a few bolts removed couldn’t resolve.

B1E74D7D-2770-4FAA-8BFA-5DC124BD3684.jpeg

7B75F1B9-AEC0-4910-B9A1-B7A3CD601204.jpeg

D7F69416-3FC7-4751-A2E3-6E6F228EA9A7.jpeg

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software engineer
I am not quite sure what you are referencing, this is what mine looks like. Also your bumper is mounted to high up. There is supposed to be an 18 to 22 mm gap between the bumper and the fender.

20200525_102058.jpg

20200525_102111.jpg

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I am not quite sure what you are referencing, this is what mine looks like. Also your bumper is mounted to high up. There is supposed to be an 18 to 22 mm gap between the bumper and the fender.

20200525_102058.jpg

20200525_102111.jpg
You can see in my photo where the panel is bent. It’s just an observation. You don’t need to waste your time on it.

I don’t agree on the height of the mounting being too high. If mine is too high yours looks too low. The way yours is mounted, you can catch a branch or some large obstacle in that gap and create unwanted damage to your vehicle. Looks quite exposed to me. Of course you could argue that with any little impact to mine damage can also occur.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software engineer
Looks like the shop that did your install did not read the instructions.

20200525_153550.jpg

20200525_153450.jpg

Pepper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
That Summit bumper looks great! is a leveling lift recommended or would it be ok with stock suspension?
Sponsored