Front bumpers: Westin Pro-Mod vs ARB Summit

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I work and live in Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana where frequent conflicts with Deer, Elk and Moose occur. With that in mind and previous history of collisions with these animals as a State Trooper, I have included sturdy bumpers and lighting on my trucks.

With my 2020 Ranger XLT I opted for an ARB Summit Bumper, EVO Warn Winch, ARB Solis Intensity lighting, as well as Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks, upgrade.

While the ARB Summit bumper is not as stout as the bumper on my F550, it certainly looks like it will provide that protection from animal conflicts, as well as a platform for winching and lighting. Plus looking good while performing this function!

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg
Sponsored

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Looks nice. I just ordered my pro mod bumper. What lights do you have? Looks like westin and baja designs. If they are BD, I'm interested so I can order some too.
It's an Amazon special Baja designs clone and the oem fogs. Eventually, I might switch up the lights but the bracket is completely home made to fit those lights

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
It's an Amazon special Baja designs clone and the oem fogs. Eventually, I might switch up the lights but the bracket is completely home made to fit those lights
Thanks for the reply. I've been scrolling through Rigid, BD, and KC lights for about 3 hours straight lol

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Thanks for the reply. I've been scrolling through Rigid, BD, and KC lights for about 3 hours straight lol
I just used westin lights cause theyre the only ones that made a bracket for the bumper and put on some lamin x film.. I'm not as cool as @armoredpig to make my own bracket lol

20210301_084411.jpg

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I just used westin lights cause theyre the only ones that made a bracket for the bumper and put on some lamin x film.. I'm not as cool as @armoredpig to make my own bracket lol

20210301_084411.jpg
Awesome ?
I found it on Amazon. I've never done any wiring and the kit doesn't look like it comes with a harness. Could you give me a breakdown of how you wired them up?

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Awesome ?
I found it on Amazon. I've never done any wiring and the kit doesn't look like it comes with a harness. Could you give me a breakdown of how you wired them up?
I can't stress enough how much easier life is when you invest in a system for multiple switches. I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089Y8QS84?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Would say it's a 3/10 on difficulty. I only needed to route one cable thru the firewall and that cable controls all 8 possible circuits.

If you want even easier, the trigger wireless system doesn't need you to wire anything through the fire wall. 1/10 difficulty and has some perks, like dimming and strobing

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Awesome ?
So the shop I had put on the bumper wired the light bar using it's own harness to a small switch drilled in next to the fog light button. My buddy (whose a mechanic) helped me wire the side lights to the original fog light wiring. I only helped so I dont want to butcher the explanation for you lol

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I can't stress enough how much easier life is when you invest in a system for multiple switches. I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089Y8QS84?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Would say it's a 3/10 on difficulty. I only needed to route one cable thru the firewall and that cable controls all 8 possible circuits.

If you want even easier, the trigger wireless system doesn't need you to wire anything through the fire wall. 1/10 difficulty and has some perks, like dimming and strobing
@Superdannyboy This is what you really want. His set up is pretty sick

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I work and live in Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana where frequent conflicts with Deer, Elk and Moose occur. With that in mind and previous history of collisions with these animals as a State Trooper, I have included sturdy bumpers and lighting on my trucks.

With my 2020 Ranger XLT I opted for an ARB Summit Bumper, EVO Warn Winch, ARB Solis Intensity lighting, as well as Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks, upgrade.

While the ARB Summit bumper is not as stout as the bumper on my F550, it certainly looks like it will provide that protection from animal conflicts, as well as a platform for winching and lighting. Plus looking good while performing this function!

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg
Sounds like you need one of them TUFF bars from Australia!

18278788_1136780989759128_1482570515353588824_o.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg
You claim the ARB bumper isnt as stout as the one on your F550. I assume you arr comparing another aftermarket right? Also the ARB bumper.is more stout than you think. It is designed well to withstand a hit from a deer or elk without killing the truck.

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
You claim the ARB bumper isnt as stout as the one on your F550. I assume you arr comparing another aftermarket right? Also the ARB bumper.is more stout than you think. It is designed well to withstand a hit from a deer or elk without killing the truck.

Uhh, yeah. It is stouter than what the ARB Summit is. But it needs to be, since it is on a truck that that weighs more than 22,000 pounds. It has a 16.5 Warn winch on it too. (too small to pull the truck, but it works) The ARB Summit is excellent for what it is used for, a truck that weighs less than 5,000 pounds.

So yes, the Ranch Hand Bumper is stouter than the ARB, hands down! (see what I did there . . . )

b

Front Bumper on Ford F550 July 19th 2014.jpg

Last edited:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
My ProMod,and I’m happy with it.
‘It does have the brackets and provisions for front sensors,my truck does not have the fancy parts being an XL.
C8B4EAF1-C068-4B66-B39B-D8F72934A74D.jpeg
B0844273-2FB3-4DA3-878E-16B9A46B0F05.jpeg
That's a sweet lookin ride! How much more does that bumper weigh compared to oem?
Sponsored