First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Rubber toe hook piece doesn’t come out anyway correct?!
Sponsored

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
I was going to say the same thing as nick barber. The fx4 isn’t rated any differently for gas mileage and doesn't have the skirt. I’ll probably ditch the skirt. If I was worried about gas mileage I would have left the stock tires and ride height.

dbrow1982

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL Ford Ranger
That's good to know. Do you do a lot of highway driving? I would think the air dam would only factor in at highway speeds.
I do occasionally but I wouldn't say "a lot" You're probably correct. Either way it looks better for sure lol

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Thinking of removing mine too. I usually end up destroying them anyway.

Who was the first person on this forum to paint those tow hooks red? That's the next step. :D

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I was going to say the same thing as nick barber. The fx4 isn’t rated any differently for gas mileage and doesn't have the skirt. I’ll probably ditch the skirt. If I was worried about gas mileage I would have left the stock tires and ride height.
Apples and Oranges comparison... the FX4 has skid plates, and that cleans up the air flow under the truck. Just like belly pans folks use to clean up the air flow on land speed racers.

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Apples and Oranges comparison... the FX4 has skid plates, and that cleans up the air flow under the truck. Just like belly pans folks use to clean up the air flow on land speed racers.
The purpose of a skid plate is to protect the undercarriage. These are trucks. Not land speed racers.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Thinking of removing mine too. I usually end up destroying them anyway.

Who was the first person on this forum to paint those tow hooks red? That's the next step. :D
I painted mine blue. I had a terrible time reinstalling the rubber boots without scratching em up. I just touched up the scratches after install. Someday, maybe, I'll powdercoat for longevity.

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to post an update regarding fuel economy. So it's been a little over 2 weeks since I removed the air dam and there hasn't been any discernible difference in gas mileage. I had reset the onboard trip computer and the mpg number has settled back in to the same as it was before (just a bit over 22 mpg).

I also haven't noticed any difference in the way the truck handles. So for anyone considering removing the front air dam, I would say go for it. It doesn't seem to affect the truck in any way that I can tell.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Good to here since mine will be coming off to make sure I have room for new wheels and tires.
Also in looking at it,it does not direct any airflow to the radiator like C-5 and C-6 Corvettes or the Camero/firebirds.GM loved doing that,and man the crap they would Hoover off the road and into your radiator.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Good to here since mine will be coming off to make sure I have room for new wheels and tires.
Also in looking at it,it does not direct any airflow to the radiator like C-5 and C-6 Corvettes or the Camero/firebirds.GM loved doing that,and man the crap they would Hoover off the road and into your radiator.
Camaro