Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How did you mount it on the headliner. Looks like a good area to put it. Mine is just sitting in the garage. Might as well use it.
I used a double-sided tape and attached to the windshield as high and left I could go. Ran the wire under the headliner and under the A-pillar, across the sill and to the rear 12V receptacle.

I am currently Looking to tap 12 V off the Ceiling console. May get that done professionally

unnamed56.jpg
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
you might try it. I like it because unlike XLTs we don't get physical gauges for temps or Battery Voltage. ScanGuage takes care of that and a whole lot more.
I had to double-check, because I didn't remember many gauges in my XLT.

We only have analog Tach, Speedo, Coolant, and Fuel. I don't even recall having any others in the in-dash computer either, but I'll have to double-check later.

LurchOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat w/501A, Built 02-08-2019
Can it be configured to monitor engine oil and transmission fluid temps?

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Installed just by velcro right in front of the gear shift facing up. Monitoring mainly trans temp, but also sometimes mph (since my setup has the speedo off by 7% or so), sometimes mpg/gph, sometimes a few other things. Love having it there and it's helping a lot.
I didn't see transmission temp, can you tell me which setting that is?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my SG2. But as recall I needed to get a SW upgrade - cant remeber cost. But the latest SW opens up a lot more options as to what can be scanned. Check what version you have and thier site will show costs and added features.

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
I didn't see transmission temp, can you tell me which setting that is?
Can it be configured to monitor engine oil and transmission fluid temps?
I don't remember anymore which one it was so long ago haha, but it's one of these 4 codes, you just have to test them and when it shows a temp you got it. And then post here which one it was for everyone else since I forgot to do that when I did it.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 12.50.32 PM.png

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I sold my SG2. But as recall I needed to get a SW upgrade - cant remeber cost. But the latest SW opens up a lot more options as to what can be scanned. Check what version you have and thier site will show costs and added features.
$25 for the upgrade includes the shipping back to you

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just installed one , will it show boost out of the box or does the x-gauge need to be configured for it.? Also what size fuel tank did everyone configure in the settings i choose 19 gal as that was the closest to the rangers 18.8 size tank.

RARE5.0

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew Fx4 1988 Mustang Notch 5.0
i just installed one , will it show boost out of the box or does the x-gauge need to be configured for it.? Also what size fuel tank did everyone configure in the settings i choose 19 gal as that was the closest to the rangers 18.8 size tank.
Yes it will show boost out of the box.

Knothead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew FX4, Lariat 501A and chrome package
I've been running one for a few months now. I haven't gone in to see if mine will do transmission temps yet. I mounted it to the steering column with the supplied velcro. A little trick I learned a while back.... Use WD40 to clean the plastic before applying anything sticky to it. WD40 is a degreaser for those who don't know, it'll clean the oils off the dash and other plastic real well and a lot better than alcohol wipes.

47301-2b02abcb7bd6c5f01d4f214b425bd039.jpg

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured it out you've got to change from MAP to Boost in the preferences, now to figure out the fuel logging features, haven't used one of these in many years.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I had mine installed shortly after I got my Ranger but had to take it off because it was draining my battery if I left it connect overnight (something that did not happen on any other vehicle I had it on). I read up that there is some configuring I could do to stop some voltage drain from it but haven't had the time to play with it to see if it works.

Last edited:

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
It shows boost out of the box you just have to change a setting from i think mab to boost.

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
i installed mine on top of the steering wheel area right behind the wheel using velcro. it's easy to see and it doesn't block the transmission gear selection in the dash. I also have transmission temps shown. i have used these on all my cars since 2009 or so. Never had a drain issue. And my ranger hasn't had a drain issue and it's been on about 2 months now.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
i installed mine on top of the steering wheel area right behind the wheel using velcro. it's easy to see and it doesn't block the transmission gear selection in the dash. I also have transmission temps shown. i have used these on all my cars since 2009 or so. Never had a drain issue. And my ranger hasn't had a drain issue and it's been on about 2 months now.
Mine is in the same area exactly.
Sponsored