Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I was digging around in my Tacoma parts to get rid of them and I found my ScanGauge 2. I installed it on the upper LEFT headliner area and Installed the OBD cable behind the a-pillar and down under the steering situation. I just installed it. My question is has anybody installed ScanGauge II on their trucks yet? If so what are you monitoring?

So far I monitor engine temps and Voltage, as well as Boost and RPM. We Lariat owners don't have the analog guages

unnamzed.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
So I was digging around in my Tacoma parts to get rid of them and I found my ScanGauge 2. I installed it on the upper right-hand headliner area and Installed the OBD cable behind the a-pillar and down under the steering situation. I haven't used it yet since I just installed it. My question is has anybody installed ScanGauge II on their trucks yet? If so what are you monitoring?

View attachment 29239
There's another member who posted yesterday about theirs... I think it's in the money pit thread.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
And it looks good there, up and out of the way!

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I used it on my old '09 Ranger. I had Outdoor temp, Engine temp, speed, and MPG displayed. haven't used it on my new one.

gotwheels

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have the first generation scan gauge. Wonder if they will show boost pressure?

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
So I was digging around in my Tacoma parts to get rid of them and I found my ScanGauge 2. I installed it on the upper LEFT headliner area and Installed the OBD cable behind the a-pillar and down under the steering situation. I haven't used it yet since I just installed it. My question is has anybody installed ScanGauge II on their trucks yet? If so what are you monitoring?

View attachment 29239
Mines laying around somewhere from my 2nd gen taco

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the first generation scan gauge. Wonder if they will show boost pressure?
Mine shows boost. Negative boost at first until I apply the gas..then boost goes up.I have an older ScanGuage 2. I set mine up to read Temps, Boost, RPM , Voltage,

Regarding negative Boost... When you're sitting idle - you are not creating any boost - so your engine is sucking the air through the intake system...thus creating negative pressure. When you accelerate and there is load on the engine, your turbo spools up and crams more air into the intake than what the engine is sucking - this is boost.

]

unnamzed.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mines laying around somewhere from my 2nd gen taco
you might try it. I like it because unlike XLTs we don't get physical gauges for temps or Battery Voltage. ScanGuage takes care of that and a whole lot more.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
Certainly won't have to monitor MPH in that traffic.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Certainly won't have to monitor MPH in that traffic.
LOL Thats a 10-minute 2-mile jam caused by a busy intersection traffic light,at 5 PM, not a freeway. There are rarely any major traffic issues here. especially when compared to my previous homes in Las Vegas and San Diego. .Miles and miles of traffic on freeways

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
LOL Thats a 10-minute 2-mile jam caused by a busy intersection traffic light,at 5 PM, not a freeway. There are rarely any major traffic issues here. especially when compared to my previous homes in Las Vegas and San Diego. .Miles and miles of traffic on freeways
Come to Hawaii ;Oahu, you’ll see what traffic looks like lol

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Installed just by velcro right in front of the gear shift facing up. Monitoring mainly trans temp, but also sometimes mph (since my setup has the speedo off by 7% or so), sometimes mpg/gph, sometimes a few other things. Love having it there and it's helping a lot.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed just by velcro right in front of the gear shift facing up. Monitoring mainly trans temp, but also sometimes mph (since my setup has the speedo off by 7% or so), sometimes mpg/gph, sometimes a few other things. Love having it there and it's helping a lot.
Can you post a photo of where you have it? It sounds like a good idea.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
How did you mount it on the headliner. Looks like a good area to put it. Mine is just sitting in the garage. Might as well use it.

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Can you post a photo of where you have it? It sounds like a good idea.
Here you go. Out of the way, easily visible when in drive. Cable runs across under the dash to the OBD port driver side. I'm going to design a bracket or something to hold it in place even better eventually but other things are getting done first.

20200130_140437.jpg

20200130_140445.jpg
Sponsored