Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Every factory alarm I've ever heard just used the horn
if they leave the horn on it I'd trace the wires back an see if they spliced into the wiring. I'd try to check it before buying it an have it fixed to factory
Sponsored

crash77

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Material Coordinator
I've not been able to mess with it at all, but from what I have read, the most important thing is the spreadsheets with all the proper offsets for each of the configurable items. I'm not sure how people figure that stuff out, but without the offsets, it doesn't seem like you can do much. I watched a YouTube video of a guy making some mods to his F-150 and then did a little poking around the Forscan forums.

I'd love to know if anyone has success in making any changes. I won't have any opportunity to experiment for a couple months....
So far the only thing I changed that I know worked is to enable "Bambi mode", i.e., making the fogs stay on with highbeams. I was thrilled I got this to work. turning off the passenger seat belt minder and chime, not so much. Need to spend more time in there. The issue I'm having is seeing that the same features/options, whatever show up in multiple modules and in some they are enabled and others disabled. Some options that I have from the factory that work are disabled in forscan, so I have no idea yet how this works. Just hope I don't brick the truck playing with it, lol.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So far the only thing I changed that I know worked is to enable "Bambi mode", i.e., making the fogs stay on with highbeams. I was thrilled I got this to work. turning off the passenger seat belt minder and chime, not so much. Need to spend more time in there. The issue I'm having is seeing that the same features/options, whatever show up in multiple modules and in some they are enabled and others disabled. Some options that I have from the factory that work are disabled in forscan, so I have no idea yet how this works. Just hope I don't brick the truck playing with it, lol.
My comment was made almost 4 years ago now - before I actually had possession of my truck. FORScan has changed quite a bit in the last 4 years. Most "regular" changes can be done without twiddling bits like you had to do before. Things are a LOT simpler in the newer versions.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What area and name is that fake engine sound listen in? Thanks

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
How much difference is there with fake engine noise disabled ?
I like it a lot myself. After adding the exhaust it would sound really weird to have actual noises mixed with the fake stuff...