FORScan Modifications

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I asked once, but I will ask again. Does anyone have the stock tire size setting on a FX4 XLT? I tried adjusting it last night and I went a few mm smaller than stock and its still reading high. I am trying to get it to read a bit low to correct my odometer. I was running high for 5000 miles, and I want to run low for 5000 (indicated) to get close to accurate. Given that my tires are oversized, shouldn't the speed by under with stock size?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I asked once, but I will ask again. Does anyone have the stock tire size setting on a FX4 XLT? I tried adjusting it last night and I went a few mm smaller than stock and its still reading high. I am trying to get it to read a bit low to correct my odometer. I was running high for 5000 miles, and I want to run low for 5000 (indicated) to get close to accurate. Given that my tires are oversized, shouldn't the speed by under with stock size?
The MM adjustment in the UI just flat out doesn't work like it should.

You need to use the tire size calculator to get anywhere near where it should be, reliably. https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6174

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just looked mine up. Mine says 2360 mm for tire circumference. I'm running the stock Hankock's, LT265-65-R17s

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't worry too much about the setting. I remember it wasn't what it should have been back when I corrected for 295/70r17 tires. Your best bet is to use a GPS, download a GPS app or just use Google maps (I used the second two options) to read your actual speed and use trial and error on the setting until you get it where you want. It didn't take me more than 5 minutes in a convenient location where I could enter and exit the highway easily to get mine less than 1% error.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The MM adjustment in the UI just flat out doesn't work like it should.

You need to use the tire size calculator to get anywhere near where it should be, reliably. https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6174
I used the calculator to adjust and it was waaay off. I’ll have to play around with it when I have some time. Mostly, I’d like to get it to stock so I can futz from there.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked mine up. Mine says 2360 mm for tire circumference. I'm running the stock Hankock's, LT265-65-R17s
thanks for the reply. To confirm, is it really 2360? I’ll have to check mine again(from memory, I swear it was over 4000)… don’t quote me on that though.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't worry too much about the setting. I remember it wasn't what it should have been back when I corrected for 295/70r17 tires. Your best bet is to use a GPS, download a GPS app or just use Google maps (I used the second two options) to read your actual speed and use trial and error on the setting until you get it where you want. It didn't take me more than 5 minutes in a convenient location where I could enter and exit the highway easily to get mine less than 1% error.
that’s what I’ll have to do. Very weird. Thanks!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
thanks for the reply. To confirm, is it really 2360? I’ll have to check mine again(from memory, I swear it was over 4000)… don’t quote me on that though.
I'd have to go into Forscan to verify but that's what I have in my spreadsheet where I recorded my configuration values. I hope I wasn't that dyslexic, but you never know.
:giggle:

KnightWolf

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consulting
I tried out the cornering fog lights and was not a fan. My wife drove it first after I made the settings change and thought she came home and said my lights were messing up. I drove it last night and can see why it would weird her out. I don't mind the light coming on when I turn, but don't like one side coming on with the turn signal I'll just turn the fogs on if I need the light :)
I recall seeing there are 2 activation modes, haven't tried the other mode since the default functions like my VW's. Having the fogs come on when turning on dark roads out of the city is nice. Though I did find them more useful in the city on my Golf which had mediocre halogens.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
ASS is off, no light at all unless I press the button. Did not effect battery management as I still get a variable charge rate depending on SOC. Don't care for the cornering lights all that much, absolutely love being able to turn off all of the chimes (except door open key in) as they were very annoying. Bambi mode, up'ed the charge to 90%, turned off the welcome/goodbye lighting, no enhanced engine sound, panic button to double press, and splash screen to rapter. Done....

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have to go into Forscan to verify but that's what I have in my spreadsheet where I recorded my configuration values. I hope I wasn't that dyslexic, but you never know.
:giggle:
Nope. I was the dyslexic one. I verified my number and you’re much closer than I was. ?

Quigley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 XL
I've been enjoying reading the forum and decided to give FORScan a try. So far so good!

In the ACM Module, does anyone know what the difference is between the Anti-Noise Control and Software Anti-Noise Control options?
Sponsored