Vehicle Showcase

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
is there a setting for one touch window up/down for the other windows ? I saw the galaxy one for the key fob.

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I used the menus for these ;

Disable double horn honk.
Bambi mode.
Corner light mode for fog lights.
Daytime running includes park lights.

They all worked after I remembered to hit the Write button after changing the settings. I think it is a bit safer and easier than messing with the Hex numbers. I did have to use the Hex codes to adjust the speedometer for larger tires.

upload_2019-12-28_10-53-21.png
How did you adjust speedo? Getting larger tires today actually so would like to make that change

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
How did you adjust speedo? Getting larger tires today actually so would like to make that change
Adjust speedometer for larger tires Changed from 0938 to 0987

BCM - 726-12-01 xxxx ???? xxxx

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
I will second this advice. Backup all your settings before you do ANYTHING - if you do this, you really can't go wrong - if you make a mistake, just restore the original and you are good.
//newbie...

Do you have to save out (backup) each 'as built' config one at a time as I saw on one video or will a global 'save config' do the same thing? It sure is tedious to have to save each one individually if it's not needed. I have only read the vehicle once and not modded anything yet.....being over cautious maybe. I did save on the first menu after downloading everything, but I'm not really sure exactly what it saved???

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Not too sure about a global one backup that gets everything.

I backed mine up by module, bcm, ipc, apim, etc you really only need to backup the modules that you plan to change.

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Akshon
Disable auto start/stop

This disables battery management system, correct? Any reason that would cause issues?
I would like to not have to hit the button every time i drive but not if it means killing the battery

bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
Anyone know why I wouldn't have the IPC module show up on Forscan? I have a XLT Sport. For some reason it's not showing up.. All the others do though. I'm using Forscan 2.3.32 Beta.

Scratch that. I'm reading elsewhere it might be my cheap dongle I purchased. I have the "official" dongle already on order, I'll try it when it comes in and see if it shows up.

Last edited:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Anyone know why I wouldn't have the IPC module show up on Forscan? I have a XLT Sport. For some reason it's not showing up.. All the others do though. I'm using Forscan 2.3.32 Beta.

Scratch that. I'm reading elsewhere it might be my cheap dongle I purchased. I have the "official" dongle already on order, I'll try it when it comes in and see if it shows up.
I purchased a cheap dongle and had to go through hoops to install the drivers. The FORscan page gives info for doing so.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
//newbie...

Do you have to save out (backup) each 'as built' config one at a time as I saw on one video or will a global 'save config' do the same thing? It sure is tedious to have to save each one individually if it's not needed. I have only read the vehicle once and not modded anything yet.....being over cautious maybe. I did save on the first menu after downloading everything, but I'm not really sure exactly what it saved???
I believe you need to save each module (ABS, APIM, BDYCM, FCIM, GWM, etc, etc, etc). I have 16 files that I saved from my initial work with FORScan. It really doesn't take that long - maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

It saves a text file of the original settings so that if you mess something up, you can easily reload EXACTLY what was set when you got your truck. It is an easy way to restore things if you make a mistake.
Sponsored