Pinski66

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
They say the testing puts about 300 miles on your vehicle, testing is on a dyno and in regular driving. Being off work healing from surgery, Im bored and curious. If they call I have a lot of questions!
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
They say the testing puts about 300 miles on your vehicle, testing is on a dyno and in regular driving. Being off work healing from surgery, Im bored and curious. If they call I have a lot of questions!
oh hey idea set up some dash cams so we can get an inside scoop on this testing! might be something worth seeing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Erik, keep them on the phone for hours asking all sorts of questions. Then tell them you still need to think about it some more. ?

OP
OP
Pinski66

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Erik, keep them on the phone for hours asking all sorts of questions. Then tell them you still need to think about it some more. ?
The days my wife works Im alone for about 14 hours. Some poor guy called to see if i wanted to sell my house. I talked to him for about 30 minutes. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The days my wife works Im alone for about 14 hours. Some poor guy called to see if i wanted to sell my house. I talked to him for about 30 minutes. ?
:LOL: I love it!!!

Some of them are sucker for sure. I had a telemarketer call once and asked him if he could hold a minute while I finished something up. I was watching tv and just left the phone there and every once in a while I'd say " I'm sorry, I'm just about done and I'll be there in a minute". The guy hung around for a good 30-40 minutes until he finally hung up. ?

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
I got one of these invites in the mail also. If it was for 1-2 days sure then. 2 weeks though ?. Doesn’t Ford just have some Rangers of their own to use for this emissions testing ?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
A couple weeks ago, I got a letter from Ford and Roush. They are contacting owners of 2021 Rangers within the Detroit area, to participate in " In-use vehicle emission program" . They test your truck for about 3 weeks, give you a new model year loaner, $200.00, and a full tank of gas. Anyone ever participate in anything like this with Ford?
I mailed the card in that I'm interested. I havent been driving the ranger much this year. I had surgery for a torn triceps in February and hip resurface in May. Its hard to get into with crutches, so I wont miss it much.
When they come to pick it up make sure there is less than a gallon of fuel in the tank . That will put them over budget and they will just say F'it and leave .

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Seems common practice. I recall RS owners getting the same offer, but I think it was more $ since at that time there was no equal loaner from Ford available.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
It does seem a little odd that Ford needs your truck when they have thousands of others. Having said that, when my Volt was about 4 years old I got an email from the Oshawa GM engineering center saying they wanted to inspect the braking system of a customers Volt. They replaced pads and rotors and at no charge and have me a loaner overnight while they did the work. But three weeks is different than overnight?

It might be a scam, it might not. Best of luck?

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
A couple weeks ago, I got a letter from Ford and Roush. They are contacting owners of 2021 Rangers within the Detroit area, to participate in " In-use vehicle emission program" . They test your truck for about 3 weeks, give you a new model year loaner, $200.00, and a full tank of gas. Anyone ever participate in anything like this with Ford?
I mailed the card in that I'm interested. I havent been driving the ranger much this year. I had surgery for a torn triceps in February and hip resurface in May. Its hard to get into with crutches, so I wont miss it much.
Test guys love to dog someone else’s stuff.
Sponsored