First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Wow some fully programmed people in this thread. "If it keeps us safe™ I suppose I'll give up my ability to drive myself." I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
-Ben Franklin
Some people simply won't accept that the world is a dangerous place for humans. If they can give up some liberty for just a little bit more safety, they will do it. I don't understand those brains, but if there's one thing the last two years has taught everyone it's that there are more of these people out there than we originally thought.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
From the same company that builds Shelby Mustangs which will top 200 mph.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
The WORST thing that could happen, is the Gub'ment implements force speed governing, then drops the speed limit to 55 'cause 'Gas be high' and "mah environment " and "sky is falling" and all that "spooky" shit.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
From the same company that builds Shelby Mustangs which will top 200 mph.
not for much longer, i imagine ford will have electronic nanny on speeds over the speed limit and in high perf cars they will have to be at a ford recognized track / event to go over the speed of marxism. ford already rolled over to the euro 150 mph bs... i know most people do not want or need to go that fast. but its the premise of the matter.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is thee LAST thing I'd want here! I don't want Ford or any manufacturer monitoring my speed. Lets let the police handle the speeders and the manufacturers stay the heck out of our business! What could go wrong? :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-wants-force-not-speed-170000420.html
This is a complicated issue, as these gizmos would save thousands of lives (not to mention prevent serious injuries, loss of limbs, paralysis, etc.) every year, but then there are times when you have to speed like say, you are on the freeway with a semi to your left, a drunk to your right, and you are being tailgated by a guy in a Ram! Step on the turbo, and, boom, left them all behind and you are safe again!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is a complicated issue, as these gizmos would save thousands of lives (not to mention prevent serious injuries, loss of limbs, paralysis, etc.) every year, but then there are times when you have to speed like say, you are on the freeway with a semi to your left, a drunk to your right, and you are being tailgated by a guy in a Ram! Step on the turbo, and, boom, left them all behind and you are safe again!
Marc, I agree there is "some" good in this and most things but there's never a limit. Once it starts it seems like there's no end to having them regulate your life. People need to get some self responsibility back and stop letting others rule their lives. If this were really the case (saving lives) then why make any vehicles that go over 65mph? Heck our Rangers are way over powered for daily use we should all be driving a Ford Pinto. :shock::D

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
With the current tech, they could allow an occasionally temporary over limit for such situations.

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Question for the guys who are avidly against a universal top speed governor on vehicles: if you knew that in the near future your spouse or child will be killed in a car accident but the speed governor would save them, would you still be opposed?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Question for the guys who are avidly against a universal top speed governor on vehicles: if you knew that in the near future your spouse or child will be killed in a car accident but the speed governor would save them, would you still be opposed?
Yes, everything in life is a risk. Personal responsibility helps reduce that risk.

PS, I have saved a life using CPR.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Back during the last gas crisis in the 1970’s when we had odd/even rationing and the speed limit dropped to 55 mph the politicians saw this as a gold mine. Just the cost of changing all the signs ether by a stick on 5 to replacement of the signs it cost taxpayers 100’s of millions.

I see some palm rubbing again, if we can get us to wear masks, stay locked down for months on end then this will be a cake walk to pull off!!! ?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Ranger Pride,

"personal responsibility" is a dream.
look at the people around you and the things they do?
sadly, their actions can take away someone else's choice to live a longer responsible life."

Personal responsibility is not a dream. Can we control those around us? No, but we can do our best to avoid situations that put us at risk.

"I have no sympathy for base jumpers that splat on the rocks. I just hope they don't take some guy hiking the mountain trails with them.
I have no sympathy for a guy who runs his R1 off into a tree running the curves on the Dragon either."

I agree

"But i do have issue with people speeding past school buses picking up kids, or hitting pedestrians in marked crosswalks.
Those that cant take this personal responsibility and add risk to others need to be controlled. The laws and the police cant keep up to the stupidity on our roadways."

I have issue with this too and there are laws in place to address this. Do they get caught? Usually not, but giving up control of the vehicle will not solve this either.

"how can we distinguish these people from the righteously mighty ones who feel they are the best drivers out there??? kinda hard to single them out, so everyone gets controlled sadly.

Fight for your freedoms so the worst ones can still be out there causing havoc too? hard choice."

Can't, but living freely means we accept some risks, Not a hard choice for me.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
With the current tech, they could allow an occasionally temporary over limit for such situations.
That's good to know. As soon as they start setting these things up, I will request a "being tailgated by a guy in a Ram" exemption!
Sponsored