Ford Performance Tune towing issue / lawsuit

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Wow. 9 pages of wasting peoples time. Actually, please sue Ford and spend every nickel. Don't let them tell you no! Make sure you use your doctored screen shot as evidence.
Doctored screen shot?
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I read the thread and maybe I missed it.

Has anyone towed with the Ford Performance Tune installed?
Did the tow mode function as it should?
Any problems with temperatures, shifting, performance, etc.?

Something "not recommended" is far from "prohibited".
I'm not even convinced it's not recommended--I haven't found anything about that in the documentation. It looks like it was on the web site for a while but not now, and I don't think one line on a web site actually matters from a warranty perspective. (This isn't to say that I think getting a performance tune for towing makes any sense, but I'm somewhat curious whether this is a real thing or someone at ford screwing up.)

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I'm confused. OP you're not even sure it is not recommended then why all this? Experiment in trolling?!?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
All I'm saying is, a whole lot of grumbling (buyers remorse? Trolling?) over an alleged "Not recommended for towing" that previously was, then wasn't on FPP site and then vanished for good? Nothing about the statement, even if legit, makes a law suit. As I said previously, if it said *voids warranty when towing*, then absolutely. The fact that even with the towing statement it still says:
  • Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician
The argument was that tune was purchased to increase towing ability or something. If there was proof that the tune hindered towing ability, then I would agree it's useless for the application in which it was engineered ( Truck use ). Until then, I see no argument for a refund based on this. OP, I hope you find resolve in this matter.

Last edited:

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Just got this from Ford Performance:
Hello Richard,

Thank you for raising awareness regarding this concern. Ford Performance Parts is in development on an improved M-9603-REB Ranger Performance Calibration which is optimized for towing. We expect that this calibration will be released within four weeks. It will be available to all customers who purchased the M-9603-REB calibration through the automatic update feature.

Rest assured. Ford Performance Parts calibrations are backed by a 36 month / 36,000 mile warranty and are C.A.R.B. compliant.

Thank You,

Anthony Fodera
Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor
(800) 367-3788
[email protected]

I have my dealer watching for the update. He will call whenit arrives.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Hello Richard,

Thank you for raising awareness regarding this concern. Ford Performance Parts is in development on an improved M-9603-REB Ranger Performance Calibration which is optimized for towing. We expect that this calibration will be released within four weeks. It will be available to all customers who purchased the M-9603-REB calibration through the automatic update feature.

Rest assured. Ford Performance Parts calibrations are backed by a 36 month / 36,000 mile warranty and are C.A.R.B. compliant.

Thank You,

Anthony Fodera
(800) 367-3788
[email protected]

I LOVE a happy ending!!! ???

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Private Security
Hello Richard,

Thank You,

Anthony Fodera
(800) 367-3788
[email protected]

I got the EXACT same email...

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Manufacturing
I have a 2020 Xlt 4x4 with fords tune and have just arrived in San Diego, I drove from Tampa. About 7 days with the wife, baby and dog. No issues pulling the largest uhaul they offered filled with stuff. I have the tow package, everything felt fine. 2,500 miles!

A broken clock is right twice a day

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OMG that is to funny. We use to have them here in Columbus but they left quite a few years ago.
The Friendly's main plant was in the town I grew up in back in MA. Before I moved out here the original owner (Prestley Blake) built a house that replicated the Monticello in Somers CT. It was a scaled down version but still pretty cool. I helped a friend do some work in there.

Sponsored