[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
I was inable to get new version and gave up after numerous back and forth with FP techs. I did reload the original v1.388 FP tune tho after going back to stock when gad prices spiked. I'm still enjoying the tune just not the 93 octane prices. Commuting 80 miles each day I average 25.6 mpg so overall not bad. No hills mostly highway speeds flatlander.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I was inable to get new version and gave up after numerous back and forth with FP techs.
I can only imagine the trouble you had getting a new/updated tune file. After my posts on the previous page, I finally got my truck flashed last week.

What myself and the shop thought would be a quick 15 min visit....It took the Ford techs several days to get the tune from them! FP wasn't budging for whatever reason arguing that my voucher had already been activated but it wouldn't work for the techs to pull down the file. I was standing there listening to some of the conversations :facepalm: The tech kept pushing and got some one reasonable. They ended up providing a new voucher code. Straight up ridiculous.

I highly doubt anything would go wrong - I've never had a well known canned tune doing anything to a vehicle. It does makes me wonder after all that..... if you have to "deal" with their warranty and what a nightmare that could possibly be.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I was inable to get new version and gave up after numerous back and forth with FP techs. I did reload the original v1.388 FP tune tho after going back to stock when gad prices spiked. I'm still enjoying the tune just not the 93 octane prices. Commuting 80 miles each day I average 25.6 mpg so overall not bad. No hills mostly highway speeds flatlander.
The 1.388 you see listed next to Version in the ProCal software window is the firmware version on the ProCal device, it has nothing to do with the version of the tune file you load onto the Ranger.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Funny story. So I just plugged in the ProCal again, and it updated AGAIN from a few weeks back, and I decide yeah whatever and try and flash the truck anyway. Turns out it loads the tune like a new one. I'm wondering if by chance my first FP tune was AR and the new one for 2019 is AAR and I didn't notice. LOL! So anyway different MY clearly have different tunes because mine is 100% sure up to date.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Isn’t the version listed in that screen?
What you see as version 1.392 is the firmware on the hand held ProCal device. The v2.958 in the header is the version of the ProCal software on your PC.

If there was a revision to the tune you would see it in a change to the tune file name.

I originally installed the FP tune in August 2021 shortly after getting my Ranger. Any time I have checked since then there has been updates to the PC software and to the hand held device firmware but no changes to the actual tune file.

Falk81

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
So I just plugged in my ProCal since late march 2022, and I didn't see any change in the file name, KB3G-FPREA3-AAR. My Ranger is a 2019.

Wablackwell22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger
Occupation
Paralegal
Hi all! I'm new here, and just picked up a 23 Lariat SCrew fx4, love it so far! A few years ago I had an Ecoboost mustang with the FP calibration, and I'm definitely going to add it to the Ranger. Does anyone know how long it'll take for them to "approve" it for the 23MY?

Edited to correct model year.

Last edited:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Hi all! I'm new here, and just picked up a 23 Lariat SCrew fx4, love it so far! A few years ago I had an Ecoboost mustang with the FP calibration, and I'm definitely going to add it to the Ranger. Does anyone know how long it'll take for them to "approve" it for the 22MY?
22 is 49 state approved. It seams each MY was added to the tune after the next MY is in production.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
Apologies, I meant to ask when the 23 would be approved
If the trend that I've noticed since I started looking when I was buying my 21 in Nov of 21 it appears you'll be waiting until they are done building 2023MY Rangers. Last I heard Ford plans to start 2024MY production early around July 10th. So, maybe it'll release in July, or it may still be around Oct as with previous years.

Last edited:

Wablackwell22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger
Occupation
Paralegal
Well that's annoying. I wonder why they take so long when (AFAIK) it is the same engine as the 2022MY.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
As far as I understand they have to recertify it for every MY, even if no change. I think CARB got stricter for 2022MY as they still don't have it in CA, in the past I thought all 50 states got it at once.
Sponsored