First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
At first glance, there's a lot I like about it. Visually, for a unibody, it has a nice "truck" look. The interior looks much nicer than my Ranger. The underseat storage looks great (a basketball fits???), love the bed and all the slots for barriers. Pretty well done I say.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Wow. rear seat storage that wasn't just phoned in.

Practical and useful bed storage/cargo tie downs combined with factory sprayed in liner and adjustable tailgate that will accommodate 4x8 sheets flat.

I went to the website and priced out one like I would want it and it was several thousand less than what I've been offered for my Ranger. Unfortunately to get what I want I would have to get pushbutton start which I don't particularly care for.

I can already feel my attraction to the Hyundai Santa Cruz starting to wane...

I'll bet it doesn't come with a murse though.

What's the big cubby hole next to the Sync screen for? Larger screen coming in the future?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
TIL Ford punted the Ranger and spent all their time making the Maverick. Explains a lot actually...

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
So official the ranger has the worst interior of the ford trucks next gen just has to copy this or the bronco and I'll trade in or the v6 ecoboost ford take my money

Deleted member 1634

Man, Ford has been hitting it out of the park lately with these new/updates on vehicles. This is a real winner here.

As others have said this will be a huge hit. It's the perfect city/suburban runabout for those DIY-ers. Work in the city and weekend in the country. Heck having a standard 40mpg hybrid alone for $20k is insane, no matter what the vehicle is. And then it's also got light truck capability on top of that. I see cookie cutter driveways all over the country filled with these pretty soon.

A lot of people on here won't switch over, but that's not what it's for. It's not a hardcore off-roader, or a huge towing monster, or a speed demon. It's made for the everyday person who doesn't do or care about any of that, and there's a lot of those people out there.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Just went to Ford's website for a closer look. Took a few because website was experiencing heavy traffic.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
i dont see it.

Like I stated its my opinion. That cross bar for the grill and the headlight/turn signal arraignment just doesn't do anything for me.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
This is a game changer type vehicle, nearly 40mpg out of the hybrid with seating for 5 and a bed to carry stuff .. you could cross shop and Honda Civic and just about any other entry level car with the 20k starting price .. with as many bronco sports I see on the road they’ll be 4 times as many of these sold
Agreed! Take a base model XL, add aftermarket alloys to it and they won't be able to keep them on the lot.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
A little more towing capacity from the hybrid would have been nice.
Subaru Outback (non hybrid) but still a 2.5L naturally aspirated 4 cyl. with a CVT tows 2700lbs.
The 1500 payload is impressive though and is probably the more important stat for the buyers of this truck. It’s kind of funny though that they say the payload is equivalent to 37 bags of mulch, when it would be impossible to get 37 bags in that bed.

Agree with others that this is not for me, but for those looking at CRV or RAV4, etc., this should be an attractive option. If passenger space is the same, a bed is much more versatile than a hatchback.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I believe with this introduction of the Maverick, Ford has just cemented the truck market and will be the game to beat for quite a longtime.

Additionally, the next Gen Ranger should also be decked out much in the same manner.

I honestly thought when I got the one I have now I would be all set for the next 10 years. Might be changing my mind on that thought now…
Sponsored