Ford Maverick Pickup Officially Revealed: $20k MSRP, 40MPG, Hybrid Standard

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
You guys notice in the videos they never show any other Ford Trucks next to it? The thing is tiny. Can't wait to see it parked next to a super duty F350 hahah.

I think it will do extremely well, But I do like my just right size Ranger. It's why I bought it, Not for price, options or anything - it's just the size truck I wanted.

Deleted member 1634

Same, I guess it's like the hybrid Escape in that it only comes fwd.

I'll check one out though when they're on dealer lots. It looks like a super solid little truck which is great.
The Escape Hybrid can be had with AWD, there's one sitting in our garage at home right now. The plug-in hybrid (PHEV) Escape is FWD only.

IMG_20200326_153527889_HDR.jpg

I would expect an AWD Hybrid Mav to make it's way to market in the coming years. Same with a PHEV and BEV model as well. It's a good platform for those types of things. Especially being city/urban/suburban centric. That's where electrification really comes into its own.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
The Escape Hybrid can be had with AWD, there's one sitting in our garage at home right now. The plug-in hybrid (PHEV) Escape is FWD only.

IMG_20200326_153527889_HDR.jpg

I would expect an AWD Hybrid Mav to make it's way to market in the coming years. Same with a PHEV and BEV model as well. It's a good platform for those types of things. Especially being city/urban/suburban centric. That's where electrification really comes into its own.
Had one for a loaner and really liked it. Great MPG.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Not say'n I'm trad'n BUT I would like to drive one b/c I'm sure it will be a hit..it wont be long until you see a bunch of them at beach-front car rental lots. Great size for vacation use, good MPG, decent space for recreation bags/gear and easy to park. Anyone used to driving a car should be able to drive this.

Our 2020 Escape Hybrid AWD is great and nearly always gets 40mpg. If my teen son drives it you can bet its in sport mode.

There are some aspects I really like so far and some like the CVT I'm not..anyways it's certainly exciting! Regardless if you like it or not...

Oh, lets not digress and debate the nuisances of what a 'truck' is...This is obviously not a truck, its 'truck like'...an Escape with a big open trunk, etc. Its not gonna pull your ATV's, bass boat or traverse Pike's Peak, no week long camping excursions to the bad lands, yada, yada.. :) I can see it now, subsequent threads bashing how non-off road worthy it is..:headbang:

Last edited:

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
It reminds me of a refreshed Sportrac. My wife had one back in 2001 and it was great! The interior is definitely nicer than the Sportrac and current Ranger. I love my Tremor so I won't be swapping but the wife may consider to replace her Lexus UX Hybrid with the Maverick Hybrid.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
There are a couple of things I like about it. The bed and storage space being the main things. I however don't like that it looks like a minature F-150. Also don't like the CVT.

Not for me but I'm sure it'll be a big hit.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It's based on the Escape chassis, which I believe is just a unibody design. Ranger and F150 are body on frame designs. I think this is meant to compete with vehicles like the Honda Ridgeline.
I guess you're completely unaware of the difference between the bronco and the bronco sport? The former is built on the T6 platform (like the ranger) and the latter is built on the C2 platform (like the maverick)--there's exactly as much difference between a bronco and a bronco sport as there is between a ranger and a maverick. This is why I enjoy poking fun at the idiots at ford who came up with that naming/branding.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Here is a video by Kelly Blue Book on the Maverick that I found interesting.

Sponsored