First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Does anybody make an insert that makes the load floor flat when the back seats are up in a supercrew? This would allow for a lot more items to be stored back there and I don’t think it would be all that hard to make. The underseat storage takes up a bunch of room. I just ran to get a bunch of groceries and when I was loading them into my truck was thinking about how convenient this would be. Would also be great for pets
Sponsored

Reactions: JGF

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Does anybody make an insert that makes the load floor flat when the back seats are up in a supercrew? This would allow for a lot more items to be stored back there and I don’t think it would be all that hard to make. The underseat storage takes up a bunch of room. I just ran to get a bunch of groceries and when I was loading them into my truck was thinking about how convenient this would be. Would also be great for pets
you mean, like chopping the top off the gas tank?

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
you mean, like chopping the top off the gas tank?
No like a folding piece of plastic that sits just over the storage bins and elevates where the footwells are to make the entire floor flat when the back seat is folded up

Last edited:
Reactions: JGF

JGF

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, Super Crew FX4, Ruby Red
Occupation
Retired Boatbuilder, Volunteer Asst. Fire Chief
Sounds like it would be handy!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
No like a folding piece of plastic that sits just over the storage bins and elevates where the footwells are to make the entire floor flat when the back seat is folded up
Wouldn't that block access to the foot well area?

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Wouldn't that block access to the foot well area?
Yeah but I was thinking something that folds out, which would then be temporary. Don’t really need footwells with the backseats folded up anyways

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
Im in the planning stages of building a platform as described to accommodate my dogs. Even considering gutting the rear seats in my super crew entirely to make even more room for an even bigger platform. Its just the wife and the dogs, so there is no real need for the back seats anyway. My soon to be 130 pound mastiff puppy needs room to stretch out.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Im in the planning stages of building a platform as described to accommodate my dogs. Even considering gutting the rear seats in my super crew entirely to make even more room for an even bigger platform. Its just the wife and the dogs, so there is no real need for the back seats anyway. My soon to be 130 pound mastiff puppy needs room to stretch out.
I saw this video some time back, maybe it will help. OP, a good machinist could figure out a solution for you. I worked with one of those folks, and with just some measurements, and an idea of what the use would be he could design anything out of a piece of sheet metal.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
i took the rear seat out of my super crew and the noise coming through the vents is deafening, could barely hear the stereo, stuffed rags in the vents, still way too noisey. i still want to do it, but got to figure out how to make it as quiet as when the seats are in. just a heads up ymmv

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
i took the rear seat out of my super crew and the noise coming through the vents is deafening, could barely hear the stereo, stuffed rags in the vents, still way too noisey. i still want to do it, but got to figure out how to make it as quiet as when the seats are in. just a heads up ymmv
A smart man learns from his mistakes... a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Supercab seat delete: need advice on sound proofing

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
Ive heard the same thing. I would only do it if I could figure a workaround to all the wind and road noise. I purchased the technology package more for the upgraded sound system. Im not going to negate the premium sound with a bunch of added road noise. If you find a solution that works please tell us.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Take it from a St Bernard owner. You don't want a big droolly dog INSIDE your truck. You should consider a solution that allows him to ride in the bed.

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
I barked up this tree about a month ago. As of now, nobody makes anything pre-fab. Goose Gear claims to be "working on it", but no ETA. I decided to take on the challenge myself. This might be a bit more than you are looking for but, here is a link to my setup...if you haven't seen it already.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-delete-w-storage-mission-accomplished.11971/

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I barked up this tree about a month ago. As of now, nobody makes anything pre-fab. Goose Gear claims to be "working on it", but no ETA. I decided to take on the challenge myself. This might be a bit more than you are looking for but, here is a link to my setup...if you haven't seen it already.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-delete-w-storage-mission-accomplished.11971/
Awesome! Yep very similar to that. I just feel that theres a way to make a platform that folds up and will sit either under the back seats when they’re down or folds up into the storage under the seats. I may draw some stuff up after looking at your build. I like it a lot! Just need a more temporary solution

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Awesome! Yep very similar to that. I just feel that theres a way to make a platform that folds up and will sit either under the back seats when they’re down or folds up into the storage under the seats. I may draw some stuff up after looking at your build. I like it a lot! Just need a more temporary solution
I can dig it. No need to go full Monty if you don't need to. I'm sure you can slay that dragon fairly easily. Thanks for the compliment. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Sponsored