First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
I bought my Ranger knowing I would be removing the rear seat. I have no need for it and a flat floor is much more useful for me. Storage along with it a bonus. Searched them internets, made a few calls and emails, no dice for anything pre made....yet. I don't hang my hat on "coming soon" or "pre-orders". So for about $300 in materials and about 24hrs labor, I solved this pesky problem....came out pretty good....in my opinion.

No physical modifications necessary. View attachment 76220 I wanted to be able to put the truck back to completely stock with no trace of modification. I used the lower seatbelt mounting bolts to secure the base and, the back is bolted to the threaded inserts where the seat back mounts were. The seatbelts were re-routed behind the trim panels. I didn't feel like re-wiring the seatbelt/airbag sensors so, I left them and worked around them. I used some of that sticky plastic protective sheeting to secure them. They now act as support for the floor. After I wrapped all of the panels I still had some fabric left so, I removed the cubbies, laid the fabric over the floor and reinstalled the cubbies. The center spine where the lids meet is secured to the sides of the base and also via brackets that use the push fasteners for the cubbies. The whole unit is super solid. The back has a hole cut for the subwoofer and folds forward for access to the jack and sub/amp, should I ever need to get at them. The front seats have full range of travel and recline. I also got a significant bump in sound deadening in the back. It's also already dog approved.

Materials used: (2) sheets of 5/8" plywood, (4) yards 1000D Cordura, (2) yards 1/8" closed cell foam (shelf liner), Rough Country molle bed rack for a Tacoma, and various assorted hardwares and adhesives. Most of the stuff I had in the garage from past projects. The rest was just ingenuity, trial and error, and a lot of experience in making something from nothing.
tempImageELkxtf.png
tempImageM2uq6i.png
tempImageTyfFY1.png
tempImage5fyWKI.png
tempImageOBlpuv.png
tempImageeP6TlZ.png
tempImageNGGmla.png
tempImageVGpEKB.png
tempImageB8nnPF.png
tempImageJGDIoE.png
tempImagedPNDZN.png
tempImagep8Q2Ca.png
tempImage7A7zcy.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Jason,

That’s a great mod - I love it - i did my own rear seat delete in my SuperCab with the same goal in mind; be able to easily return it to factory condition while only using existing mounting points. Full marks for pulling this off. Bonus points for doing an exceptional job and including molle panels.

Cheers to you!

But, I gotta know.....why? I’m a contractor and I needed room for tool cases. What‘s your motivation - what’s going back there?

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Nicely done. The attachment doesn’t open though.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
We all have different needs and wants, but did you consider the super cab with rear seat delete that would have given you an extra foot of bed?
Wish I could have had both...but I need the inside space more than the bed. My dogs won't fit in a Supercab.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Jason,

That’s a great mod - I love it - i did my own rear seat delete in my SuperCab with the same goal in mind; be able to easily return it to factory condition while only using existing mounting points. Full marks for pulling this off. Bonus points for doing an exceptional job and including molle panels.

Cheers to you!

But, I gotta know.....why? I’m a contractor and I needed room for tool cases. What‘s your motivation - what’s going back there?
Thanks! I am also a contractor, roofing to be specific. I use my back seat area like a small van. Plus, my trucks tend to be the family truckster, if you will, and the flat floor is awesome for the dogs.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Thanks! Not sure I follow on the attachment not opening though. If you are referring to the molle rack, the rack is fixed to the panel but the panel folds forward.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I am also a contractor, roofing to be specific. I use my back seat area like a small van. Plus, my trucks tend to be the family truckster, if you will, and the flat floor is awesome for the dogs.
I totally get it...

6392DAF8-6FBA-4695-9E47-8A38BBE3C60C.jpeg
7B7E6A9B-A3C4-4326-AB2A-541D25CCA3A7.jpeg
F5883866-1EE4-4E70-A029-275E4274D315.jpeg

Last edited:

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looks great! I too have been considering such a mod, but have yet to decide whether to do it.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Figured out what you meant. Not sure what that attachment thingy is there...or the useless hyperlink in the post. Something screwy happened when I was uploading.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Excellent Work!
Only thing I would change is the front middle support on the hump.

Making two about 6" from the hump with a little U cut in them and you would have a great rifle storage area.
Sponsored