Ranger 5th gen flat bed? RANGER 5TH GEN FLAT BED!

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
My uncle just sent me over this pic from Dallas, TX. Guy at Dealer said it was the hottest thing on the lot. They have sold tons that are waiting for bed installation. The ranger is the only midsize truck that has enough payload to hold the heavy bed PLUS tools, equipment or hay bales. Saves commercial company’s and farmers a lot on fuel and priced under $35k compete (2wd) is the only flat bed in that price range new. Who’d a thought?!

13AB1533-50AC-4568-9DFC-1A9FB1E4C0EF.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My uncle just sent me over this pic from Dallas, TX. Guy at Dealer said it was the hottest thing on the lot. They have sold tons that are waiting for bed installation. The ranger is the only midsize truck that has enough payload to hold the heavy bed PLUS tools, equipment or hay bales. Saves commercial company’s and farmers a lot on fuel and priced under $35k compete (2wd) is the only flat bed in that price range new. Who’d a thought?!

By first looking at it I thought it was an F 150. I gotta say that looks really bad ass! :rockon:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That would look killer with a scab ?
Meh. You can't throw a Coors can here in Colorado without hitting a flatbed pickup truck.

Typically the bed is heavy as hell (bad mpg's) and for the typical pickup truck owner, the flatbed is more work when hauling items. The paint job on the flatbeds are tailored for a work truck and you'll be seeing rust and corrosion on them within 6 months of buying one.

But at least you don't need a damper.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

This is awesome!!! This utes style is popular in Australia.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
The party's over, sort of...
The Ranger Pickup Box Delete Option itself has been discontinued for 2021. (US)
Now you have to pay for the full truck, pay to have the box removed and hope/wait to sell the box.
Lots of older Ranger and Tacoma Flatbeds in rural Kansas, too.

Attachments

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
The party's over, sort of...
The Ranger Pickup Box Delete Option itself has been discontinued for 2021. (US)
Now you have to pay for the full truck, pay to have the box removed and hope/wait to sell the box.
Lots of older Ranger and Tacoma Flatbeds in rural Kansas, too.
If anyone is looking for one, here's a 2020 that they can't seem to give away: LINK

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic

I am curious how they reconfigured the BLIS System in the tray. Im looking to start building a tray for mine.

Tremot Trent

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Local company in area makes them for smaller pickups, all kids of options, seen numerous older units with no bed finish rust issues, popular with hunters/farmers/construction outfits.
Sponsored