First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
Great information! If I switch to one of the two other rigs in our fleet, a 2016 F150 and an upgraded '73 Bronco with full disc conversion, I will over brake due to the significant delta in effort required in the Ranger v the other two... NOW to get my service writer to get this done for me.
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
i might have to do this when I get my truck back from the body shop, picked up a Ecosport rental today and first time I braked about went through the windshield lol ?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Apologies. I assumed most attempting this task would have some experience using forscan along with Trevor's video which goes through it pretty thoroughly. There's an entire thread on Forscan on our site plus a dedicated vbb at forscan.org.
No need to apologize. I kinda figured that was the case. Not only are my brakes feeling great, I now have FORScan and can research it's other capabilities. Thanks!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I am use to the brakes so to speak so I just live with it but this has put me over the edge as I have been wanting to jump into the Forscan world since I bought my truck.

My adapter will be here in a few days. I have familiarized myself with the software but will need to get my registration when I get my hardware.
You will love the results. Also, I didn't get a registration. Not sure about the need to, or what more you can do with it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
This is awesome, I just did the procedure and it fixed my squishy brakes. I have actually had the truck creep at stop lights and need to apply more brake pressure after being stopped for a while. Now the pedal feels much firmer. Thanks!
Yes, and I think the ASS kept coming back on for no apparent reason other than maybe the brake pressure degrading while sitting there,

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
You will love the results. Also, I didn't get a registration. Not sure about the need to, or what more you can do with it.
I got my forum approval today over there and just filled in the form for the temporary registration. I was not sure if I needed it for the simple things I want to do but I guess it doesn't hurt.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I got my forum approval today over there and just filled in the form for the temporary registration. I was not sure if I needed it for the simple things I want to do but I guess it doesn't hurt.
That is new info to me. How did you do that?

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
That is new info to me. How did you do that?
Goto Forscan.org and register to join the forum. Follow their rules on registration. They are slow to approve and their FAQ even states that if your name is not right, they will not approve you. I just received my key a minute ago, you will see a menu item for the FAQ, click it and read #3, How can I get a Free Trial Extended License. Fill in the info and they'll send you a key a couple hours later.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Just did this today, super easy process. Was not expecting the horrible noise however, but once i reset the ABS module all my dash lights were off. Can't believe something so simple fixed the worst thing about our trucks...would love to know how this made it out of the factory like this...

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Guess I will add my .02 worth, did the deed this morning before a Home Depot run, first stop sign almost bounced my head off of the steering wheel. Pedal is much firmer and stops much sooner. Was expecting the noise and DTC codes so no shock there, did the reset and all good. My question to #Ford is WHY!! would you ship me a new truck and forget to purge the ABS system???

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
i posted this question before, but bumping again: i'm very curious why this seems to greatly improve some vehicles, and not others (eg mine had no change, and several others are had no change).

Based on signatures, 19, 20, and 21 all seem to either improve or stay the same...so it's not as though more recent vehicles are okay.

Anyone have thoughts? Perhaps the factory in which it was produced? Or are they all only Michigan now for '21 anyway?

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
i posted this question before, but bumping again: i'm very curious why this seems to greatly improve some vehicles, and not others (eg mine had no change, and several others are had no change).

Based on signatures, 19, 20, and 21 all seem to either improve or stay the same...so it's not as though more recent vehicles are okay.

Anyone have thoughts? Perhaps the factory in which it was produced? Or are they all only Michigan now for '21 anyway?
Simply put,some may have actually had the process done at some point in the build/PDR process….

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

All 5G Rangers have been built at MAP in Wayne MI. As far as I know that is the only plant that will produce them for the foreseeable future. It is also where the new Bronco is being produced.

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
Sorry if I missed this but......Is everyone getting a popup with instructions when performing this, that says to open the bleed screws?

Thanks!
Sponsored