RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I don't feel like having to get used to soft and inconsistent pedal is something I would have to learn. It's most likely the combination of the pedal ratio, booster and master cylinder. I suspect a lot has to do with a master cylinder that's too big. I'm happy to replace the front setup with bigger and more pistons along with braided lines. This will firm up the feel and stop better. Adding more power and torque with the tune is always a reason for me to go with bigger brakes.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I don't feel like having to get used to soft and inconsistent pedal is something I would have to learn. It's most likely the combination of the pedal ratio, booster and master cylinder. I suspect a lot has to do with a master cylinder that's too big. I'm happy to replace the front setup with bigger and more pistons along with braided lines. This will firm up the feel and stop better. Adding more power and torque with the tune is always a reason for me to go with bigger brakes.
The Ranger already has the same brakes as the foreign Ranger Raptor.
Braided lines will do nothing that you will be able to detect.
I remember having to get used to disc brakes and of course over time they have proven superior.

The brakes on the Ranger are in fact neither soft nor inconsistent.
If yours are... :idea:Then take it to your dealer for evaluation.
Perhaps you are not getting enough vacuum to supply the power brakes consistently due to a leak or some other factor.
:facepalm:Intransigence will accomplish little more than elevated frustration.:headbang:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
All this and have not bled the lines?

That is always step 1. Always.

You are replacing the engine because it didnt start, and not checking if it had gas.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
All this and have not bled the lines?

That is always step 1. Always.

You are replacing the engine because it didnt start, and not checking if it had gas.
"Adding more power and torque with the tune is always a reason for me to go with bigger brakes." Whether I had this issue or not I always upgrade my brakes. Again, the dealer is not going to bleed the brakes for me. You do what you do. This is what I want to fo.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
"Adding more power and torque with the tune is always a reason for me to go with bigger brakes." Whether I had this issue or not I always upgrade my brakes. Again, the dealer is not going to bleed the brakes for me. You do what you do. This is what I want to fo.
Going with bigger breaks is great.

Problem will still be there if you don't bleed the breaks.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Will do. I'll post them on my build thread with a review like I do everything else I upgrade.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.