First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Had to take a road trip today and forgot to get gas. Stopped, got out carefully knowing that big stupid crash bar thing by the gas pump. Evidently I let the door go and the next thing I know it's bouncing off that metal bar thingie. Mother.....WHAT

Add 100 bucks to my road trip cost, cause I can't leave that dent there mocking me for being a dumb-@@
Sponsored

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
That sucks. I bet it stings a bit. It happens though. Fixing mistakes keeps many people employed, so it’s not only you.

Reactions: Doc

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
When I was in college was in a friends car who backed up with his door openers. To get closer to the pump and that bar folded his door all the way forward. Hard not to laugh while he lost his shit.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The wind is always just waiting to snatch the door out of your hands and make it kiss one of those things.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Premium. It's really not bad at all and I'm not sure it will even show up in a pic, but I have to try to get a pic to send to the dent repair guy. It's in the "crease" in the bottom of the door. It's really stupid to even get it repaired, but I don't want to see it every time I get in the truck.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
When I was in college was in a friends car who backed up with his door openers. To get closer to the pump and that bar folded his door all the way forward. Hard not to laugh while he lost his shit.
I did the same thing when I was in high school. Not at a gas station, but I backed the door into a tree. Didn't bend it back, just crinkled the panel a little bit.

Reactions: Doc

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Premium. It's really not bad at all and I'm not sure it will even show up in a pic, but I have to try to get a pic to send to the dent repair guy. It's in the "crease" in the bottom of the door. It's really stupid to even get it repaired, but I don't want to see it every time I get in the truck.
We have almost the same truck and user name. I just went full paranoid on door operations.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Aren't you suppose to stop with your fuel door at the gas pump, not your driver's door? ;)
Your fuel door at the pump usually lines your door up almost perfectly with the concrete barrier post, at least it does in this area.

I always pull up far enough that my door clears the post.

The pump hose will reach.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
The “big stupid crash bar things“ at every station I go to have paint marks and scuffs all over them. Probably one of the leading causes of door dings and dents.
I am always nervous whenever a shop uses these 2 post lifts . When you see how the tech has to squeeze into the drivers seat it'll make you cringe every time .

lift.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same thing when I was in high school. Not at a gas station, but I backed…
We have almost the same truck and user name. I just went full paranoid on door operations.
I just went through a similar chat with these two about this - now, I’m even more confused….

8B993D93-1DE3-4E11-9F91-C0DE628732EA.jpeg

?‍

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I just went through a similar chat with these two about this - now, I’m even more confused….
?‍
more than once I have read the posts from Tom_C and wonder if I was posting under the influence….the mods are different.
Sponsored