First "problem" (driver door armrest)

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Well, about 3000 miles in and not everything is perfect any more... This morning I noticed that every time I lift my arm from the drivers door armrest it makes a loud clicking noise as if the plastic in there is bending/snapping back into place. Not really a big deal but it was a bit irritating and shouldn't happen 3000 miles in. Anyone else have this issue ? Thoughts on a quick/easy fix before going dealer?
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If memory serves the armrest is part of the door panel itself so nothing to come loose. Now just below it is the cover trim piece that is held on with a bunch of white plastic clips and it might be one of those or a door panel screw that wasn't properly secured. Pull the door card off and double check to see if there's a broken clip somewhere.

The panel can be easily removed in a couple of minutes with basic hand tools. Just be careful with the ambient light emitter. The clear plastic rod is very fragile and will break if you look at it with anything other than the most gentle of glances from across the street while hiding under a rock.