Finally have everything installed and ....Whoa!!

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

gcdodson

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Can anyone comment on how modifications like this impact the warranty?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ummmm...my mom use to drift the station wagon on the side road near our farm....and giggled while she did
Hi Bill,

Yep! Never, Ever meet a farm girl in a dark ally...she will kick your butt! My mother's family were all wheat farmers in Kansas...I grew up spending summers on a farm. Driving tractors at age 8! Wonderful experiences...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I crushed my ankle when I was 12 or so driving a Ford tractor. I was standing on the rear axle of the tractor with a full load of hay on the trailer. The tractor had a 3 point hitch that was hydraulically lifted. My father and his cousin threw the last hay bale up onto the trailer, I swung my leg over the seat to drive off and my leg hit the lift lever and the hitch dropped down onto my foot. I screamed, my father came over running, lifted the trailer off me and checked out my leg. I think I was more scared than hurt. 20 years later I really broke that same ankle in an industrial accident. 9 pins and a plate holds my fibula together.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
So Polar Bear, I finally ordered my Roush intake and installed it last night. I had previously installed a nice Borla exhaust system and recently installed the AFE charge pipes and guess what, I have to agree with what you are saying about performance after all three installed. I can't say as I felt much of anything form the exhaust, but I did notice a few things from the charge pipes: quicker spool times and throttle response, plus a slight MPG increase. After I installed the intake, I noticed even further improvement on throttle response and quicker spool times. Regardless of the "target" numbers and what doubters may believe, the simple science of flow does work with these applications and I am pleased to say the truck has responded very well! The truck is quicker and it has a very nice aggressive sound now that all three are working together.

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
So Polar Bear, I finally ordered my Roush intake and installed it last night. I had previously installed a nice Borla exhaust system and recently installed the AFE charge pipes and guess what, I have to agree with what you are saying about performance after all three installed. I can't say as I felt much of anything form the exhaust, but I did notice a few things from the charge pipes: quicker spool times and throttle response, plus a slight MPG increase. After I installed the intake, I noticed even further improvement on throttle response and quicker spool times. Regardless of the "target" numbers and what doubters may believe, the simple science of flow does work with these applications and I am pleased to say the truck has responded very well! The truck is quicker and it has a very nice aggressive sound now that all three are working together.

I Have always said,(mostly wasn't listened to) that the easier the engine breaths the more power it produces. It really is a no-brainer. But now instead of headers etc,it's charge pipes and stuff,and it makes a YUGE difference in performance.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I Have always said,(mostly wasn't listened to) that the easier the engine breaths the more power it produces. It really is a no-brainer. But now instead of headers etc,it's charge pipes and stuff,and it makes a YUGE difference in performance.
I totally agree

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
All right now one of you needs to step up to the next power puzzle piece...

48-33028-hc_1.1586560728.jpg

AFE Catted Street Downpipe

After reading your experiences, I may have to grab the AFE pipes.

I too didn't notice a lot from exhaust (besides noise) but the 3 way combo of intake, exhaust, and pipes has now gotten positive reviews enough to merit looking into it again.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All right now one of you needs to step up to the next power puzzle piece...

48-33028-hc_1.1586560728.jpg

AFE Catted Street Downpipe

After reading your experiences, I may have to grab the AFE pipes.

I too didn't notice a lot from exhaust (besides noise) but the 3 way combo of intake, exhaust, and pipes has now gotten positive reviews enough to merit looking into it again.
I'm tempted on changing the downpipe. I have to come up with some funds to pay for.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Look at the dyno numbers from that downpipe on a completely stock truck.

48-33028-hc_dc.1586560728.jpg

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the dyno numbers from that downpipe on a completely stock truck.

48-33028-hc_dc.1586560728.jpg
That could be the last part of the puzzle to allowing the engine to breathe. The only thing left would be a larger intercooler and I do not believe it will be necessary on a stock or Ford Performance range tune. However, I do run a Mountune intercooler on my Focus St and it does make a difference, but I run a more aggressive tune than what the Ranger will receive.

I am open to donations for acquiring said down pipe ..... Just throwin that out there
Sponsored