Autostop installed

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I finally had enough of my truck shutting down at lights and I got this installed. As I mentioned, their video showed them lifting the panel only on the end, but the online instructions showed them removing a whole bunch of extra panels. I used a door removal tool to pry the panel up on the sides and it popped up fine. I didn't need to remove the extra panels. Thanks to Mr Schilke for the tip.

Something like this that I've had in my toolbox for 20 years:
CAPDPRDoor%20Remover.jpg

Harbor Freight has a more appropriate set of non-marring plastic tools for $10 though.
4C6B1094CCE69D9393059A3A0726BE93.app1_1558186704397_1_PZ320.jpg

It's still hard to get my big hands in there and unclip that little side clip to pull the plug out though. So I took a wire hanger to cut up and bent a little L to stick into the tab area of the plug to push while I tug on the plug. I could reach the tab from the outside them. Then it popped out.
Autostopeliminator_install.jpg
Sponsored

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an ELM327 on Amazon for $14 and disabled the Auto-Start/Stop through Fordscan.

I originally bought it because the hyperblink from my LED switchback turn signals was driving me nuts and figured the $14 was worth setting it back to normal blink speed. The added bonus of being able to adjust some of the other settings is cool.

I was also able to modify my DRL to be my Turn Signal bulbs instead of being my Low Beams.

I forget all the settings I adjusted, but there’s a lot you can do with Forscan that you can’t do with HPTuners. Being able to access the BCM and other modules is cool.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
picked up truck today drove it home 40 mins from dealer. first thing i bought when i got home. holy crap that is annoying as hell listening to it start back up. Also i did a 3 point turn in dealer lot to get out and i stopped long enough for it to shut off and restart. lame feature so glad i ordered one. I thought about forscan but opted for the autostop eliminator plug in.
Speaking of Forscan, can someone point me toward a thread on what is needed to use Forscan? And, is there a tutorial somewhere on HOW to use Forscan?

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
picked up truck today drove it home 40 mins from dealer. first thing i bought when i got home. holy crap that is annoying as hell listening to it start back up. Also i did a 3 point turn in dealer lot to get out and i stopped long enough for it to shut off and restart. lame feature so glad i ordered one. I thought about forscan but opted for the autostop eliminator plug in.
The start/Stop feature wouldn’t be so bad if it had a slight delay built in before engaging stop, I know when I used it I’m barely stopped before it shuts down it’s annoying when parking , I need to pick up one of these soon as i still use the feature On occasion

mahatma

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Just installed eliminator, very happy with its function, however this kind of customization should have been available from the factory. I got sick of having to depress the button to activate every ride when using D (drive) instead of S (sport) mode.

For myself it was easier to push in the side tabs on the larger grey connector and push the entire switch (A) up and out rather than pulling down and out the inserted wire connector (B). When I tried to push the tab to the side on the smaller connector B my fat fingers just didn't work so good. Plus there is a higher level of difficulty working on the smaller inserted connector blindly.

upload_2020-1-8_14-29-52.png

Stockranger

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I bought one of these mentioned in the OP, never looked back. It’s so nice to have it stay on or off based on what you tell it to do.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Its been about 5 months now since I have plugged in a night light in the passenger zone and I am never in Start/Stop and still getting 22 MPG... nearly 6 months of bliss now.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Okay, installed the Autostop Eliminator, went to test it out. I get the message "No Key Detected". I have the Lariat with push button start. Same message with both keys. No way both remotes went dead at the same time. I can start the truck with the passive method, but what did the Eliminator do??

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Okay, installed the Autostop Eliminator, went to test it out. I get the message "No Key Detected". I have the Lariat with push button start. Same message with both keys. No way both remotes went dead at the same time. I can start the truck with the passive method, but what did the Eliminator do??
The answer, it seems is absolutely nothing but waste your money.
This is why I disabled ASS with Forscan.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Great panel tool. The best.
Metal one. Search aircraft panel tool.

ED977E02-D166-4F91-8003-BBBF142E38A1.jpeg

65391BFA-BFF5-4FAA-B7EB-D2765FBEBC46.jpeg

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Problem solved. Turns out the cable connector that runs to the receiver located under the console had come unplugged. Probably not fully connected at the factory and I likely touched the wire while installing the Eliminator and it was just enough to unplug it. I also found out that there is a second receiver in the back seat area for those ladies who like to toss their purse in the back with their key fob in it.

I want to thank Travis Lambert at TRL Automotive, which makes the Eliminator. After sending an email asking for help, he called me quickly and we talked a fairly long while. He assured me their product could not cause that problem but offered a refund if I felt uncomfortable installing it again. You can't beat that kind of customer attention. So, kudos to Travis. I will give it another install tomorrow.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Great panel tool. The best.
Metal one. Search aircraft panel tool.

ED977E02-D166-4F91-8003-BBBF142E38A1.jpeg

65391BFA-BFF5-4FAA-B7EB-D2765FBEBC46.jpeg
that looks really nice=, but I think it would scratch up the dash. especially this hard plastic. I do car stereo and I have never seen metal panel tools for cars.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
that looks really nice=, but I think it would scratch up the dash. especially this hard plastic. I do car stereo and I have never seen metal panel tools for cars.
It is designed for aircraft industry.
I have used plastic tools and they still scratch plastic. The metal too is very smooth, thin and rigid. You can better control and get better force with it. Worth a try. One could add tape to back prying surface to help. Even felt could be taped on. I find it a better tool than all my plastic ones. Like an extended thumb nail.
Sponsored