First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
These things sell because the effect they have is powerful and people enjoy it. IMO if it makes you enjoy your vehicle more, I'm all for it. But, there's nothing magical about these units, in it's basic form it's a simple voltage amplifier. As much as people hate hearing it, you can achieve the same performance by just adjusting your pedal inputs. The factory sport mode does the same thing with the throttle maps with the addition of altering the shifting schedule.

Two guys that build performance vehicles for a living saying nearly the exact same thing about these units.

Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
thanks to this thread I am sure, my Facebook spies have started to send me targeted ads for these devices.
I love this ad in a weird way....it literally gives you the impression of increased horsepower and torque because how else would you shred your tires, illegally in an intersection like this in the middle of the day and probably near a school. Hello stunting charge, a 30 day license suspension and a 14 day impound.

great fucking advertising. idiots.

1636665426330.png
I think I’ve seen that very same tire pattern on every Concession Road in rural Ontario.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Grady

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4, 17 Subaru BRZ Yellow, 11 Evora
Occupation
Manager
Consensus is Pedal commander is crap! Case closed.

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
How does the truck respond in Sport mode or Terrain Management modes when you have the Pedal Commander installed? Does one cancel out the other or do they "combine"?

Madcow

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ranger XLT, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
How does the truck respond in Sport mode or Terrain Management modes when you have the Pedal Commander installed? Does one cancel out the other or do they "combine"?
I know this is an old thread, but I was thinking about getting the pedal com, and of course came here to research.

Questions I couldn't find answers to...

1) As Zetterbeard asked, Does it "combine"? And if so, is this bad for the truck?

2) Also, would it be better to "train" the truck in stock, then put this on? And if so, does it go through another learning process?

3) I read in this thread that Sprint Boost was the original, so I would prob lean toward that one. Any thoughts on that? I do like the BT connection on the PC, though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I know this is an old thread, but I was thinking about getting the pedal com, and of course came here to research.

1) As Zetterbeard asked, Does it "combine"? And if so, is this bad for the truck?

2) Also, would it be better to "train" the truck in stock, then put this on? And if so, does it go through another learning process?

3) I read in this thread that Sprint Boost was the original, so I would prob lean toward that one. Any thoughts on that? I do like the BT connection on the PC, though.
I went with a tune but if you're looking at just getting a PC this might work. I say might because it says it's for 2012 and up Rangers so you'd have to call to make sure it's compatible with ours. There's a lot of guys using this on the Jeep forum and really like it and it's much cheaper than the PC.

Use code jkgear for 10% off

https://hikeit.com/collections/thro...us-auto-selection-mode?variant=39728251306182

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder

I have the SprintBooster 3 of u wanna save from buying new. Only used a few times and it helps as advertised but no longer use due to FP tune install. Believe they are around $300 retail but will let go for $170+ shipping to lower 48

Madcow

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ranger XLT, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have the SprintBooster 3 of u wanna save from buying new. Only used a few times and it helps as advertised but no longer use due to FP tune install. Believe they are around $300 retail but will let go for $170+ shipping to lower 48
Thanks for the offer. If you can give me a bit more time to research I might take you up on it. Was looking at the iDrive, too. I do like that it has an eco mode, but the pedal lock and valet on SB look pretty useful. The PC does look pretty bulky, but it has bluetooth so it could be stashed...

I guess it all just comes down to how it looks as they all pretty much do the same thing. I saw a vid where the iDrive seemed to mesh with the transmission a little better. At this point it's just min/maxing.

I just can't wait for the Tremor to get here so I could be driving instead of lurking this forum and making lists that spend money.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Thanks for the offer. If you can give me a bit more time to research I might take you up on it. Was looking at the iDrive, too. I do like that it has an eco mode, but the pedal lock and valet on SB look pretty useful. The PC does look pretty bulky, but it has bluetooth so it could be stashed...

I guess it all just comes down to how it looks as they all pretty much do the same thing. I saw a vid where the iDrive seemed to mesh with the transmission a little better. At this point it's just min/maxing.

I just can't wait for the Tremor to get here so I could be driving instead of lurking this forum and making lists that spend money.
Ok no problem. Either way you go it should make noticeable difference on throttle response. I initially got it thinking it would help with turbo lag. It also helped that although just slightly. Since then the transmission learned and sorted itself out pretty well so I'm satisfied for now not using it. Yeah hope u get that Tremor soon. I can only wish as the base model SCAB will have to suffice

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase

I went ahead and got the PC a few weeks ago. It may look bulky in photos, but it is really only a couple inches wide and quite thin. I mounted mine under the steering column with the provided velcro and some zip ties to hide the cable. You would never know it was there and is easily controlled via BT.

Going back to the sport mode question, they do seem to stack with each other, but not in a bad way (might not be the best word to describe it). Sport mode obviously changes the shift points, combined with increased throttle response makes for a pretty petty ride. Have yet to mess with terrain management with and without the PC so I can't really comment on that, but I assume it will all work fairly normally.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I've had mine for months now. Love it. No issues.

WayneMHK

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4 - HPR
Occupation
Retired I.T.
I went with a SpeedForm controller. All I wanted was the throttle to feel more like it was "linked". Found a setting that did just that.
Sponsored