First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Wonder if your AC compressor got jealous and decided to off it self cause you found a new pretty thing to play with.

Vehicles do that, you know. Get mad and end up breaking something to spite you.
Yes, they do. My wife of course says, “Just had to fuck with the truck, didn’t you?”.:LOL:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Yes, they do. My wife of course says, “Just had to fuck with the truck, didn’t you?”.:LOL:
Mine asks me why I always mess with mine.

I tell her it's for my mental health, de-stresses me...
Before I come stomping up the stairs shouting "****ing piece of ****" ect.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine asks me why I always mess with mine.

I tell her it's for my mental health, de-stresses me...
Before I come stomping up the stairs shouting "****ing piece of ****" ect.
Oh yeah… I have no idea what that’s like. LMAO. Same thing… it’s for mental health, relaxing (until the simple install becomes complicated), and satisfying. Plus, she also has a black Ranger. Now, they’re not the same truck.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
All I get now is her eye roll ?

Goes somethin like, workin on the truck it’s only gonna be a couple of hours at 9AM. By 3PM she huffin an puffin that they’re other things I need to be doing And places to go. But, but! I’m almost finished!!! 9PM and I’m askin if any dinner is left to scrounge. Boy that was a bigger job than I though it was going to be. Lesson learned eh?

Hence, the eye roll again!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
As stated.... I got my Mishimoto intake and oil catch can installed. Now, the AC is barely cool. Any ideas on what I may have screwed up somewhere? It worked fine yesterday when I pulled it into the garage to start work.

There are no MIL at the present time.

Edited to add: I also installed a tonneau cover and the DeeZee tailgate damper. I’ll bet it’s the tailgate damper causing the issue. It installed way to easily.
An easy test to see if the Damper caused the issue is simply remove it and let the tailgate slam down a few times on its own . This will surely jolt the AC compressor back into proper operation .

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
... I’ll bet it’s the tailgate damper causing the issue. It installed way to easily.
Of course it's the damper.

The damper makes you so cool you no longer need A/C :sunglasses:

That said, if your compressor clutch never engages, I'm guessing you left a connector unplugged somewhere.

At a minimum you will have the clutch connector and a pressure sensor in the A/C circuit.

Retrace your installation using the instructions and see if you can find where it is.

I know this is tedious, but it's likely faster and better than taking it back to the dealer.

All I get now is her eye roll ?

Goes somethin like, workin on the truck it’s only gonna be a couple of hours at 9AM. By 3PM she huffin an puffin that they’re other things I need to be doing And places to go. But, but! I’m almost finished!!! 9PM and I’m askin if any dinner is left to scrounge. Boy that was a bigger job than I though it was going to be. Lesson learned eh?

Hence, the eye roll again!
I think you may have married my wife's sister...

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update:

Got back under. There are two connectors on the AC compressor. The one on the back of the compressor has power coming to it. The one on the side/top of the compressor does not. That probably activates the clutch.

Went to the area of the catch can hose install. Nothing appears out of place. I looked through the wheel well again (with the wheel removed) and looked from under and from on top (can't really see the area from on top). No wires hanging loose or laying around. No connectors not connected to something. I pushed on all wire connectors to make sure they made good contact and pushed all wires into the connectors to make sure one wasn't loose. No joy.

I then went back to the engine bay fuse box. I again checked the AC compressor relay by swapping it with the horn relay. The horn still worked, telling me the relay is good. With the key on, or with the truck running, the fuse right behind the compressor relay has no power. It has continuity by multimeter and a visual check says it's not broken. The other fuse for AC in that box is good and has power going to it.

I almost went and spent $50 on a R1234yf gauge and can of refrigerant, just to check that. But, the likelihood of that being the issue is very slim.

So, I'll be at Ford's service center tomorrow, when they open, hoping they can squeeze me in. My angle is going to be that I just bought this thing a week and a half ago, only 775 miles and it already has a malfunctioning AC? Hopefully, they won't connect anything wrong to the catch can install (broken wire, loose wire, broken or loose connector, whatever) and refuse to fix it under warranty. If they do, I'll be ready. At least I have those 42,000 points, worth around $210 to go towards the cost. LOL.

Reactions: Doc

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Just for giggles, try unhooking the battery for 15-20 minutes.

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
Just for giggles, try unhooking the battery for 15-20 minutes.
Absolutely try this before you take it in. The AC "went out" on my 16 mustang and I was quoted $3000 to replace it, took it to a local guy that does ac on the side, replaced the cabin air filter and unhooked the battery and the AC worked the rest of the time I owned it.

The guy seemed to think that something tripped an overpressure sensor somewhere in the lines, and he said the newer Ford's were very sensitive to pressure changes in the system.

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
Although I was out of warranty so I wouldn't blame you if you just took it in and let ford deal with it.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update:

Apparently, when reconnecting the sensor for the condenser, during the intake install, I was careless and didn’t put it together exactly right, pushing the middle pin into one of the side pins. This caused the sensor to not communicate properly. They are replacing the sensor and that harness. Should be all good after that. They’re charging me a little less than $600. Boo….

I thought about saying no and then buying the sensor and connector somewhere else and taking care of it myself. But, this way the work is warrantied.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Apparently, when reconnecting the sensor for the condenser, during the intake install, I was careless and didn’t put it together exactly right, pushing the middle pin into one of the side pins. This caused the sensor to not communicate properly. They are replacing the sensor and that harness. Should be all good after that. They’re charging me a little less than $600. Boo….

I thought about saying no and then buying the sensor and connector somewhere else and taking care of it myself. But, this way the work is warrantied.
so that we are clear. We are telling the wife that it was corrected under warranty and the missing $600 is banking error

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
so that we are clear. We are telling the wife that it was corrected under warranty and the missing $600 is banking error
Hmmm…. I can neither confirm nor deny that theory.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation