Finally have everything installed and ....Whoa!!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Which gave you the biggest Bang for the Buck?

Since I wasn't planning on a tune until later, I hadn't even considered things like the DV or AFE Charge Pipes.

But if they give a palpable boost without a tune, I might have to reconsider...
Not sure you can get more bang for your bucks than a tune.

Livernois...$499. For 100lbft torque increase.

Not gonna top that.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Not sure you can get more bang for your bucks than a tune.

Livernois...$499. For 100lbft torque increase.

Not gonna top that.
True, but probably not going there until warranty is out or more long term reliability experiences are in.

The other things mentioned should have no impact on warranty, excepting maybe the downpipe.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hope everyone is well. I am fairly new to adding mods to my truck and I have a quick question. In terms of performance would it be advisable to change the whole exhaust system to (bigger pipes) or would changing the just the muffler work the same?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Hope everyone is well. I am fairly new to adding mods to my truck and I have a quick question. In terms of performance would it be advisable to change the whole exhaust system to (bigger pipes) or would changing the just the muffler work the same?
I don't have an exact answer for you. What I do know is that the stock muffler necks down to 1 inch internally, so swapping that removed a great deal of restriction. I think the rest of the restriction lies in the catalytic converter area. Cat back may or may not accomplish more than a muffler swap but if you want the freest flowing exhaust then it's installing a downpipe and custom through the tailpipe. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Upgrades:
GFB DV + VTA
aFe Bladerunner Charge Pipes
Roush Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Exhaust

The aFe Bladerunner's were back ordered and I finally got them in yesterday. Install was typical (a couple of banged knuckles, a couple of beers, and a couple of swear words). Now that everything is installed it is running gooood, like the title says, Whoa! It has more "sit you back in the seat" pull than any of my old V8's ever did. This truck is amazing and fun in stock form and even better with a few mods. Spool is fast, lag is minimal (nearly none), acceleration is outstanding, and gas mileage is fine with normal driving. I still get 23ish if I drive like my mom! All in all I love the 2.3liter turbo!
how did the charge pipe fit with the BOV in regards to the hood closing and the BOV clearing the hood liner?

Upgrades:
GFB DV + VTA
Roush Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Exhaust

The aFe Bladerunner's were back ordered and I finally got them in yesterday. Install was typical (a couple of banged knuckles, a couple of beers, and a couple of swear words). Now that everything is installed it is running gooood, like the title says, Whoa! It has more "sit you back in the seat" pull than any of my old V8's ever did. This truck is amazing and fun in stock form and even better with a few mods. Spool is fast, lag is minimal (nearly none), acceleration is outstanding, and gas mileage is fine with normal driving. I still get 23ish if I drive like my mom! All in all I love the 2.3liter turbo!
So Polar Bear, I finally ordered my Roush intake and installed it last night. I had previously installed a nice Borla exhaust system and recently installed the AFE charge pipes and guess what, I have to agree with what you are saying about performance after all three installed. I can't say as I felt much of anything form the exhaust, but I did notice a few things from the charge pipes: quicker spool times and throttle response, plus a slight MPG increase. After I installed the intake, I noticed even further improvement on throttle response and quicker spool times. Regardless of the "target" numbers and what doubters may believe, the simple science of flow does work with these applications and I am pleased to say the truck has responded very well! The truck is quicker and it has a very nice aggressive sound now that all three are working together.
How about you?

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
how did the charge pipe fit with the BOV in regards to the hood closing and the BOV clearing the hood liner?

How about you?
The underhood foam/sound deadening material just touched the top. Nothing concerning though. I later cut out a section to make room for it for no other reason than O.C.D.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Maybe they have a Memorial sale this weekend

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Upgrades:
GFB DV + VTA
Roush Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Exhaust

Did you get a baseline dyno then an "after mod" dyno? I have never trusted the "seat of the pants" dyno. I like to see the numbers.

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get a baseline dyno then an "after mod" dyno? I have never trusted the "seat of the pants" dyno. I like to see the numbers.
I've never done a dyno, but I'd really like to. It's all seat of the pants and estimated calculations here. At the end of the day it's my daily driver, deer lease vehicle, road tripper, light freight hauler, and all around fun machine. I hope she'll run at least 10 years even with some light fun here and there.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Yes sorry!! Typo... you’re correct. I went with the 2.5!
I like what you did. I think I am going to do a straight thru muffler upgrade and go from there.
But there is no #11256 muffler in Magnaflow's catalog. I am thinking you went with the #12256? A 5x8 center/offset, single in/out, 2.5" muffler.
If you get a chance can you verify the part number you used? Thanks!
Sponsored