F-150 converts

banerjek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I drive a (company owned) '17 F-150 XL 4x2 5.0 for work... gives me the v8 sound that I've missed since selling my Crown Vic PI about 5 years ago.
Just drill a few holes in the muffler -- problem solved :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Tulumben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For those of you that have kids - do you find the Ranger big enough for a family of 4? Trying to decide whether a F150 or Ranger is more appropriate for us and cab space is something I am worried about. Ranger seems like it could be a tad bit too small while the F150 seems like overkill. Although I've never actually been inside the new Ranger so just going by the dimension stats.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Wife and I hauled my grown son and his wife and one grandkid (10 yrs old) in my SuperCrew this weekend -- everybody was comfortable. 250 mile trip (over to Tampa and back)...

Tulumben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
the question about a family of 4 is subjective to alot of things.

how old are the kids? they growing like weeds? or wilting from the inside like an emo child. do they pound back the doritos or enjoy a salad? do they like each other, tolerate each other, or are they plotting murder within the household.

theres zero question the F150 has a bigger back seat area.

Ive always wanted to see how many clowns could fit and get the doors closed.

Im guessing theres probably a 5 clown difference myself
Kids are small and won't be big anytime soon. I guess I am not particularly worried about their specific ability to fit inside, as they would definitely be able to. More just thinking about using the Ranger as a family vehicle in general and all the things that go along with that, like going on road trips, going skiing, having gear in the back with them, occasionally having a grandparent in the back, etc.

Just wondering if families who currently have a Ranger think it has been sufficient as a family vehicle or if they feel limited by its size.

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
I came from an '05 F150, no regrets at all, especially fuel mileage

P3161134.JPG

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't convert, but added the Ranger. The Ranger is for my wife (I already have a 2018 F150 CC). She was running around in a 2014 Jeep JKU that she was tired of (they're every where in CTX!). She likes being able to throw rocks, mulch, plants, etc. in the back of her Jeep, so a truck made sense. She didn't like the GM "twins" and we did the Taco thing (never again). Our Ranger is 2WD (she didn't know her Jeep was 4WD) and she loves it. It's nibble, zippy as a humming bird, whips into parking spots, front and rear parking sensors, can have a phone conversation at speed, and more. I'm biased and like all vehicles, it isn't perfect, but man, I think Ford did a great job on the Ranger. If I didn't need a full size pickup, I'd have two Rangers!

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
For everyday local travel you would most likely be fine with a Ranger. The kids will fit fine but you might consider a quality tonneau cover or a topper for storage if you take longer trips. Those young un's require some baggage to be hauled let alone yours and your wife's.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We travel frequently, in our Ranger, with my grown son & 9y/o grandson in the backseat. We all have plenty of room. We do have a tonneau cover & that allows us to haul everything we need in the back of the truck without having to cram it in the backseat and have them be miserable.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
For those of you that have kids - do you find the Ranger big enough for a family of 4? Trying to decide whether a F150 or Ranger is more appropriate for us and cab space is something I am worried about. Ranger seems like it could be a tad bit too small while the F150 seems like overkill. Although I've never actually been inside the new Ranger so just going by the dimension stats.
Hi, Ive had both F150 and now a ranger. the F150 was to large for my needs but with kids, id say get the f150 you'll likely need the space. the Ranger is perfect for me -- no kids but the back seat area is pretty small for a family. I did have the f150 super crew and the back seat area is very large, much better space for kids and all the stuff the goes with them.

Tulumben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi, Ive had both F150 and now a ranger. the F150 was to large for my needs but with kids, id say get the f150 you'll likely need the space. the Ranger is perfect for me -- no kids but the back seat area is pretty small for a family. I did have the f150 super crew and the back seat area is very large, much better space for kids and all the stuff the goes with them.
Is a mid-size truck sorta like the rugged alternative to buying a sports car, in terms of it being fun to drive but not overly practical for a wider range of uses?

Where I live I see Tacoma's everywhere - was surprised when I sat in the back seat of one first the first time (double cab) and feeling how damn small it was, and I am a pretty normal height (5'11). Which made me question why they are so popular if you can only comfortably fit 2 adults in them (in the front seats). Perhaps mainly for younger guys without kids?

In a perfect world there would be a truck size somewhere between a mid-size and a full-size. One where you can comfortably fit 4 adults but without it being as hulking as an F150. Crossing my fingers that the 6g Ranger will be like that.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Is a mid-size truck sorta like the rugged alternative to buying a sports car, in terms of it being fun to drive but not overly practical for a wider range of uses?

Where I live I see Tacoma's everywhere - was surprised when I sat in the back seat of one first the first time (double cab) and feeling how damn small it was, and I am a pretty normal height (5'11). Which made me question why they are so popular if you can only comfortably fit 2 adults in them (in the front seats). Perhaps mainly for younger guys without kids?

In a perfect world there would be a truck size somewhere between a mid-size and a full-size. One where you can comfortably fit 4 adults but without it being as hulking as an F150. Crossing my fingers that the 6g Ranger will be like that.
If you need to haul a bunch of people just get a van. If you want a bed and lots of room for a bunch of people it can't be done without making a huge vehicle.

Tulumben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you need to haul a bunch of people just get a van. If you want a bed and lots of room for a bunch of people it can't be done without making a huge vehicle.
I think you're right... I know a full-size truck is what I really need in terms of it doing what I need/want it to do, but the thought of driving around a massive vehicle around as a daily driver (going to work, etc.) doesn't sound great to me since we live in a pretty central/urban area. Can't have it both ways I guess.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
If this thread already exists my apologies. Curious to know how many former (or current) F-150 owners have made the switch to the Ranger? I traded my 2015 F-150 XLT SuperCab about 4 weeks ago and I haven’t looked back. I have less than 500 miles on the Ranger and had just over 100k on the F-150 so it’s not a true comparison, but I don’t see myself having any regrets. I absolutely love everything about this truck! What about you?

77B55648-342B-4081-AFB3-CEE6F910C758.jpeg
I traded in my 2014 F150 STX 4x4.

Loved that truck. Hated the size and MPG.

I tow a small trailer and camper, log splitter, nothing too big, so the rated 7k is good enough for me. MPG went from 17-18 to over 26.

Had zero issues with the F150, and 17k in zero with ranger.

I have the livernois tune installed, and the Ranger definently has more power than the F150...which I'm still trying to get my head around.

No regrets. Wish I could have kept both.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I dropped my wifes car off at the Ford dealer for a recall yesterday and the loaner was a new f150 XLT with the 2.7 ecoboost. It reminded me why I like the Ranger so much. While it rode well and I liked the engine it is a huge beast, even though I'm average height I felt like I couldn't see anything for 20 feet in front of the hood. I just couldn't I,imagine driving it on a daily basis.
Sponsored