First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Better get a tune for your Ranger if you're going to outrun these. ?

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-f-150-police-responder-pickup-named-quickest-cop-car

Ford released preliminary results from the benchmark test, confirmed by a police spokesman to Fox News Autos, that show the turbocharged V6-powered pickup can accelerate to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds and hit 100 mph in 13.1 seconds on its way to a 120 mph top speed.

The sprints were 1.2 and 3.7 seconds quicker than the last 2020 model tested and beat the second-place V8-powered rear-wheel-drive Dodge Charger sedan's marks of 5.91 seconds to 60 mph and 14.14 seconds to 100 mph.

Ford said the F-150's improvement can be chalked up in part to an updated powertrain that saw a boost from 375 hp and 470 lb-ft to 400 hp and 500 lb-ft and a re-engineered all-wheel-drive system. The truck also cut 5.8 seconds off of its previous dynamic road course lap time of 1:48.8 to put it on par with the Explorer-based Ford Interceptor Utility SUV.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I would love to have the disposable income to see if the 2.7 ecoboost would fit under the hood of the escape. It hauls in my F150, that’s why I want it in something lighter. I have more fun racing other F150’s and Rangers than I do other truck brands. You never know what they got under the hood lol.

I keep my races to 0-60 though. I get spanked by the 5.0 3.5 ecoboost 60+

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
anyone can go fast in a straight line.
lets see the popo's follow me through the side streets at double the speed limit in that lead sled.
Apparently you didn't read the whole thing. You'll have to up your get-away game a bit...

"The truck also cut 5.8 seconds off of its previous dynamic road course lap time"

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Or a helicopter. ;)
I've watched a couple u-tube videos where Hayabusa's and Hellcat's do exactly this....pretty sure they outran the radio too. Stupid to do and puts a lot of folks in danger, but it can be done if ya know the area really well and have the right tool for the job.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've watched a couple u-tube videos where Hayabusa's and Hellcat's do exactly this....pretty sure they outran the radio too. Stupid to do and puts a lot of folks in danger, but it can be done if ya know the area really well and have the right tool for the job.
I've seen one of those videos and yes they are fun to watch but very stupid putting other peoples lives at risk. What even tougher is that there are so many pod cameras everywhere it's just about impossible to not be filmed or tracked.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I want to know about the "all-wheel drive" for an F-150 they mentioned !!!

" Ford said the F-150's improvement can be chalked up in part to an updated powertrain that saw a boost from 375 hp and 470 lb-ft to 400 hp and 500 lb-ft and a re-engineered all-wheel-drive system. The truck also cut 5.8 seconds off of its previous dynamic road course lap time of 1:48.8 to put it on par with the Explorer-based Ford Interceptor Utility SUV."

If there is a viscous coupling for the F-150, maybe....MAYBE it could be adapted to a 4wd Ranger....they make adapters for just about anything these days...hmmm !?

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Interesting ... why would you need a police car that can go fast .... lots of the city's now are not allowing police to do the chases, or arrests, or .... you get the drift (pun intended)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Interesting ... why would you need a police car that can go fast .... lots of the city's now are not allowing police to do the chases, or arrests, or .... you get the drift (pun intended)
Seems like these are special made just for those areas that still allow it. Here's another article from one of the links in the OP. Some good interior shots too.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2021-ford-f-150-police-responder-pickup

All of the Big Three automakers offer police versions of their pickups, but the F-150 is currently the only pursuit-rated model.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
A lot of us asked the same question when the Missouri Highway Patrol went from the Crown Vics to the Mustangs in the mid to late 80's. The HP excuse was so they could catch all the drug dealers coming up I-44 from Texas.

On the F150, I'm interested to learn more about the all wheel drive system. Is it full time AWD, or is it like the Jeeps and either RWD or FWD most of the time.
Sponsored