First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I had my rims rebalanced (basically brand new) by the same tire shop that installed them a week or two earlier and just yesterday I noticed a bit of damage from what looks like the balancing machine. Do you think its enough damage to complain or am I just being picky about it?
BD510089-F1A3-4E79-9B1B-B05C115B0B64.png
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Personally I'd be pissed. Especially since it sounds like they didn't do the job right in the first place.

Talk to the manager and see what kind of answer you get.

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Personally I'd be pissed. Especially since it sounds like they didn't do the job right in the first place.

Talk to the manager and see what kind of answer you get.
I think I will be doing that tomorrow

FXWHORE

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Trucker
Your ranger looks great.Definitely call them out on that BS! What are you running for suspension, wheel tire combo? Also what part of VA are you from? I used to live in Fredericksburg.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I think I would have a conversation with them. You didn't take it in that way, and it shouldn't have left the shop that way.

BTW, good looking Ranger.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Just saying, but if the finish is that thin that coning the rims to balance knocks off the finish maybe its more the quality of the finish and not as much the act of working on them? From the picture that finish does not seem very substantial...?

Definitely not excusing abusive service tech's; I've had my rim damage issues over the years. NOW I walk the car with the guy and make sure we agree they are not damages before I drop it off. It also gives me a chance to ask about who is the 'best' guy they have for special car-guy customers like me and when I meet their guy I will tip in advance so he knows his extra care is appreciated. Since I started doing this I've basically had no more tire/rim damage issues.

Also dark rims are unforgiving, the last set i had refinished i asked for some t/u paint. It lasted about a year b/c its a catalyzed product but Dupli-color had one that was close enough to t/u's from road/rock damage.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
On every balancer I’ve used the cone goes to the back and a cup or lug fixture goes on the outside.
Sponsored